Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Well, that was a good night.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    So, on this night of... June 16th, 2005.... crap. The clock just went to friday.

So, last night I let my pop-punk side get the better of me. I went and saw Sum41 with A Static Lullaby and some other band that sucked.

I left to go to kevin's house because my truck is out of commission so he was driving us. My mom let me take her 64.5 (yes, 64.5) Mustang. I love that car. Especially putting it into low gears and making all the kids with ricer's cry.

Anyways.

I stopped at the bank on the way. The bank I use has a branch inside a grocery store. And grocery stores have hot chicks. Today was no exception. I walked out of their feeling much better about the world.

I head to kevins house, and we leave in his 67 El Camino Chevelle. He decided he was sick of looking at the primer gray, so he spray painted it black. PUNK I SAY!

We leave... and get to the place. The concert is at the old mongomery ward building.... And for some reason it has a ballroom on the side. Its probably 50x150ft. They can cram about 500 of us in there. There are 2 fans in the middle of the room... blowing the wrong way.

We get there at 6ish... doors were supposed to be open at 5:30, show at 7:00. That didn't happen, so we went and walked around the plaza that is now inside the old ward's building. Basically, its a gangsta's paradise. Cheap lakers apparel, cheap sunglass shops, etc...

They had a music shop in there, though. Had an upright for $230... but it was one of those hand made ones from some south amerian country.... sounded good... if you were man enough to hold the friggin strings down. which i was... for a few seconds.

Anyways, we walked around in there for 20 minutes... then went back around to go inside.

We go through the gates and enter the ball room. The first band goes on... and they suck.

After that set, we went outside and got some burritos. Totally metal.

A Static Lullaby comes on... and rocks. Yay.

They go off... and sum41 comes on. w00t.

As I'm waiting for sum41 to come on... these two really hot bi chicks end up standing next to me and are grinding on eachother. One is just the generic big-boobed blonde... but it was her friend that caught my attention. Slim, 5'7ish, dark hair with deep red tips... and 3 spikes on her lower lip. For some reason, it was H0T on her.

I figure "Meh, what the hell?" and I ask the spiked one if she had ever killed anyone with those things. "One or two" she said.

I keep shootin' the pooh with her... No names, no nothing... just good old fashioned conversation with a hot punker chick. She asked me how old I was... I told her I was 17... which seemed to give her a feeling of relief, because she didn't have to worry about me trying to creep into her pants... Which i would have gladly done anyways, regardless.

She asks me to guess her age... I say 22. She was 23. so I scored brownie points for making her young.

Anyways, The Sums come out and all the curazy poser-preppy-punk-for-a-night kids go nuts. So obviously, these ladies need some manly protection. Which i provide... and when stuff slows down, I get them "accidently" rubbing them hotselves on me.

Good day indeed!

(No, I didn't get numbers or names. Why? Because it was a great 1 1/2 hours. Why spoil it?)

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Oh, ya... I forgot.

I love Sum41. They are a really fun band to watch, and aren't all that bad musicly. Catchy as hell...

But I hate the kids that are at their shows and are moshing and crap. Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE NO GOOD AT IT!

Any other show, the pits aren't a problem. No one throws elbows, no one gets hurt. And crowd surfers give you fair warning before land on your friggin head.

But these kids are "good kids" Parents see sum41 on MTV, so its not like they are a "evil baby-eating punk rock band" so they let their little abercrombie biatch kids go.

And since they get to rebel for a few hours, they go nuts and land on your head.

turds.

3. Yay for you Mike! :hyper: :D

4. pimpin' ain't easy, babe. :p

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

yes it is. ;)

6. glad you had fun. i had a good time at the go-go's the other night!

7. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Glad to hear you had a good time. I think I might be catching the Sum 41/Static Lullabye show in Santa Cruz (I think that's where it is) in a couple days with a buddy of mine. Yeah, I hate kids who don't know how to mosh. Especially when I'm in the pit with 'em and have to play protection for all the rather small females who have no idea what they're doing and wander into a pit where 70% of the kids don't know the "rules".

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    *prays for Latimour*

9. But it sure is fun!

10. I had a similliar experience at an Allman Brothers concert where these two chicks by me started stripping. They were really hot too.........but I just looked, had a girlfriend at home who .........well yall know how that goes. :D

11. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    good jobs with the ladies! So how old were they really? ;)

I went to a Sum 41 show back in January. The "mosh" was like a dryer. It was damp and HOT and everyone was pushing to get to the front. I still like their older stuff but their newer stuff is questionable.

12. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    The TB Off Topic Section -- Blogging with your friends!

That was terrible.

13. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I had a decent day. The construction dudes started on the addition to my house, and I played a gig later that night. This girl gave our singer (who's tacky) a $10 bill for t-shirts he's pawning off. It's a payin' gig and some of my pay involved that $10 bill. So I got his note.

What the heck, he's tacky and she wasn't all that hot. But she did buy one of his t-shirts. I went home and ate some Honey-Nut Cheerios.

Talk-Bass at 2 AM.

14. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    :eyebrow: