well, the post that you've all been waiting for (maybe?)...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by john turner, Sep 25, 2002.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    it's off! to mastering, that is.

our first cd, fear and trembling, is finally finished being mixed. i feel pretty drained. the process in july with neil kernon was such a huge learning experience, and now the past few months getting the last little bit mixed that we missed then - it's been tough.

we're sending the mixes off to our mastering engineer in l.a. tomorrow, and then we should get them back sometime around the end of next week. in the meantime, now we scramble to put together the liner notes. :eek:

just thought there might be some folks out there that would be glad to hear this :D
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    congrats John,

I'm looking forward to hearing it when it's done.
  3. odie

odie Supporting Member

Damn boy it has been along time. I remember telling people about this crazy mofo who playes these million stringed basses and makes Geddy Lee sound like Nikki Sixx and how they have an album coming out. They never believed me

But now....BUT NOW I have proof!!!
  4. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    You're right, JT -- that is the post I have been waiting for!

5. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Yup, here's one of them. Congrats!
  6. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    thanks, guys. i hope you guys won't be disappointed when you hear it - some of the mixes didn't come out as bass-friendly as i would've liked, but neil, the guy who did most of the mixing, really didn't have much time to work. he really worked wonders considering the time constraints - he's a real pro. that was also only on a few of the songs - most of the bass is very present and very audible :D .

if worst comes to worst, you can always email me for the mixes _i_ made :D.
  7. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Hey man, congrats! This Saturday we'll be flying out to LA to begin recording our album. We'll be staying in Oakwood and recording at Paramount Studios. We'll be out there until November 19th. I know you're glad to be done.
  8. O HAIL GREAT GOD OF LOW END!! PRAISE HIM!! (crowd praises) we bow to you, for we 4 string people worship your vessles of music!
  9. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    And we tremble at the might of your Conklins. :eek: :D

BTW, Congrats on the album. I've been waiting for you to post an update on it for a long time. I just know it'll be awesome. When do you think it'll be ready for release?
  10. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, we need to put the liner notes together, and when they are done and the master is finished, it'll just take a month or two, i'm guessing, for the cd's to be shrinkwrapped and ready to go.

so maybe just in time for christmas/chanukah/kwanzaa/saturnalia/boxer day :D
  11. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, sweet, man! can't wait...
  12. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    ...of course, i'll be wanting an autographed copy
  13. Berme

May 11, 2001
    Congrats, John! It's been a long time since I posted something here... Anyway, do you think there's any possibility that we European bassists could get a copy of your cd?