Well, this is one way to raise money.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Petary791, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    that's clever, yet asinine.

i guess i'll go with a " :confused: " on this one.
  2. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    I'm going to get a bunch of kids together, and we're going to punch people in the face until they donate a total of $3000 to Hurricane Relief. What? It's for a good cause.
  3. Hey they did this last year at my highschool who copied a neighbouring highschool, they copied us who copied them! Anyways it didn't work in my school except a few student council members got hit during lunch breaks.
  4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
  5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

man, good thing it didn't back fire on the students whose idea it was in this story.

i just imagine a nelson-from-the-simpsons-type wailing away, while giving an out of character well-reasoned explanation as to the failure of their cause and why it necessitated the beating.

but maybe that's just cuz it's midnight and i'm kinda out of it... :D
  6. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That's just kinda wrong, I think. That is cruel and unusual, even if it IS for a good cause.
  7. Cruel and unusual punishment.

I think there's something about that in the Constitution. And if I remember correctly, it directly references that MMMBop Hanson song. I might be wrong.
  8. they should've played some fieldy bass solo
  9. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Hey, it worked, didn't it?
  10. I would have rocked out with my genitals out for sure, screw paying to stop the sweet tunes!
  11. whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    That isn't cruel, that's extorsion. I'd fine the school for supporting such practices.
  12. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That's the word I was looking for. Extortion. Forcing someone to pay money by pressuring them is extortion. This is for a good cause, but the ends don't justify the means.
  13. Agreed. I would not donate, out of principle.
  14. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    "Thanks for the day off!"

......and left school for the day.
  15. I'd come to school with a Hanson shirt on, and start singing along. That would piss 'em off.
  16. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
  17. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I like it. Not the song, but the way of raising money.
  18. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    These people give educators a bad name.