1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Weller e-bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by emo panda, Apr 3, 2013.

1. emo panda

emo panda

Jun 2, 2011
  2. emo panda

emo panda

Jun 2, 2011
    anyone?

3. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    I don't own one, but it looks like Weller basses are EU batch imports that are built somewhere in the Far East (maybe South Korea?), then branded and set up by the importing company and sold through a web store or on eBay. Similar brands are Wesley, HK and Santander; sometimes these are identical except for the label. Quality is usually fair to good, as dealers take the trouble to do a professional setup on the instruments before putting them up for sale. The Weller you're interested in has a slight cosmetic blemish that makes it "B" stock and therefore priced lower, but I guess you noticed that.

4. emo panda

emo panda

Jun 2, 2011
    Interesting...i might get one..i will see.. :) Thanks :)

5. emo panda

emo panda

Jun 2, 2011
    If anyone is interested what happened next...

I bought one...i did.
    I bought this model:
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/6-SAITER-AKT.../230882555186?pt=Gitarren&hash=item35c1ac3532

6 string Weller bass. I'm very satisfied! Shipping to Slovenia from Germany took less than 48 hours (more than 1100km from Bremen), shipped with DHL, costing me 18€. It was well packaged. Bass looks beautiful and it is well made. Frets aren't sharp as you would expect for cheap bass. Neck is straight as can be, everything was set up perfectly as you can get, i just take it of the box and tuned it..that was it. Active pickups and it was strunged with XL Dadario strings...

Thanks, hope this helps if anyone was thinking about buying one.

6. bass nitro

bass nitro

Feb 21, 2011
    BG,SZ
    Something about how does it sounds?