Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Welp, my band broke up

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fastplant, Sep 13, 2004.

1. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    This weekend we played our last show. I'm a bit bummed, but it was a cover band, so I'm happy to move on to an original project. But we were getting pretty big in our state. We won awards even, haha. So I'm kinda sad. I'll miss the huge crowds. It's funny though, we played our best show ever our last night.

I made a thread earlier about the new project I'm in www.gradym.com Well, now it's my only project. So I can focus on it more. Anyway, just wanted to vent a bit about the break up.

2. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Don't worry - this paves the way for a future reunion tour... :D

Best wishes in moving on though - and maybe you'll find you take some of the crowds with you (looking at your website, it looks like there's a lot of common personnel between SideShow and the originals band).

Wulf

3. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    True, if it were my decision I'd take all members of SideShow for the new project they are by far the best musicians I've ever played with. The drummer is beyond outstanding. I'm still talking with him about it.

Basically, our singer left to do this project and we replaced him when he left. Then the old singer started getting some major attention after he recorded his demo and shipped it off. He's working with some entertainment agency who's spreading the word about him. Anyway, fast forward to last week when we decided to break up, the old singer asks us if we want to be his backing band (minus the new singer obviously) I accepted along with our guitarist (my brother) the other two are a bit apprehensive because it looks like this may go somewhere and they don't want to quit their jobs and such. Honestly, the odds of something happening are slim still, but who knows. I'm excited.

4. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    One other thing, the new name of the project I'm not a huge fan of. He wants to call it SweetMoss. I guess it's alright, but I think we deserve a cool name. What do you guys think of this?

5. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Good luck with your future endeavors....hey, at least you don't have to cover "modern hits" anymore!!! ;)

6. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    NOOOOOO!!!! "Sweet" shouldn't be included in any bands name. Must....remain.....sugar-free!!!

7. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Haha, true, we were joking about opening up our set at CB's with Jessie's Girl.

But yeah, I'm not too keen on the name. I want something cool, I think the band name is almost as important as the music.

8. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Imo thats the best way to end it, on a good note.

9. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    That sucks but your a bass player :bassist:

Your in demand!

10. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut

True, I was immediately accepted into the new band before this other one even broke up, haha.

I agree, I was happy to go out with a bang. Last call was at like 1:30 and we played till almost 2:30, the crowd just didn't want to leave and the bar was real cool letting us just keep playing. The bartenders all finished up and then came out and rocked out with the crowd until we finished. It was a cool way to end things.