1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wenge-Rosewood Ebony Warmoth, 56k beware!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4FretlessMetal, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Wenge J-bass body
    Indian Rosewood neck, Warmoth Headstock
    Ebony Fretless fingerboard
    Delano large pole pickup
    Ebony control knob and truss rod cover
    Truss Rod engraving done by west virgina wood arts
    Wenge playing ramps
    SIT string 195-150-115-080 E-A-D-G(one octave below std.)

if your wondering why all the fancy heavy woods it was mainly so I didn't have to put a finish on the bass. Heres the pics
    Sub-Bass015.
    Sub-Bass018.
    Sub-Bass020.
    Sub-Bass024.
    Sub-Bass026.
    Sub-Bass006.
    heres a better pic of the design engraved into the truss rod cover
    Picture027.
    yes that is me and yes that is blood, sorry if it's a little offensive to some but it's the best pic I have of the design and kind of explains why i got it engraved into the TRC \m/

2. That's cool!! I'd really like to try playing on heavy strings like that :eek:

What does the bass weigh???

3. It weighs 12lbs so it is on the heavy side but nothing crazy, it more than makes up for the weight with superb balance.

4. idler

idler

Oct 12, 2007
    Very nice! Would be interested to hear some sound clips.

I have a Warmoth 5 string on order. The neck will have the Warmoth headstock. Seeing yours has convinced me that angled-back tuners are the way to go.

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Yikes - might I be so bold as to ask how much that wenge body set you back? Their wenge necks are pretty pricey... a whole body could not have been that cheap!

6. grieverOSOK

grieverOSOK

Jan 12, 2008
    Ohio
    bonerific

7. actually the price of the body wasn't that bad. Initially I was going to go for a rosewood body, which would have been like $650, for the wenge body they only wanted $370.

Idler glad to see you like the angled tuners, I wasn't sure how I was going to angle them at first but once I put them in it just felt right.

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Interesting, though I'm not sure I'd like the tone without a pickup a bit closer to the bridge, also, that control is a little close the pickup for my tastes. However, the skin carving is incredibly dorky.

9. Oh sorry my bass wasn't tailored to your specs :rolleyes: Sorry you think the scarification is dorky too, you know what I'm gonna go out and get it fixed so you can think I'm cool again thanks :eyebrow:

I'd love to have a recording for you guys but don't have the equipment. sorry:(

10. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    "If you don't have anything nice to say..."

11. very nice wood combination! I've wanted to do a warmoth j-bass for a long time.

I like the ramp. nice touch. at first glance I thought it was a neckthrough.

cool bass.

wemedge

12. envika

envika

Nov 27, 2007
    Bronx, NY
    i have to ask about the design being cut into your skin, i apologize.

13. I have to say the quality of the warmoth parts was amazing not fitment problems or belmishes at all. Also the delano are great no lack of bass or low-mids but still articulate and growly

14. GabeN

GabeN

Feb 27, 2006
    Chugiak, AK
    I love that bass! One question though, why fretless? You seem to be a metal or death metal player and most don't use fretless as it doesn't cut through as well. The single P with volume only is sick. And that ramp is the sh!t as well.

I like the design but why cut it into yourself? You could probably just get a tattoo that hurt less and was permanent. I like it though, it's hardcore.

15. well what do you wanna ask:smug:

fretless because I originally played upright

the reason I got the scar was sorta as a right of passage, so the pain was part of the whole deal, plus since my body had to heal the design I kinda felt like it was more a part of me, plus it's less visible in public

16. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Well, no need to do that, just at 21, you seem about 8 years too old for carving stuff into your skin like an angsty teen :p

17. yeah I didn't do it, it's on my back, a pro whos a good friend did it. Plus I've never had much angst, more of a hatred of stupidity kinda guy :cool:

18. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    scarification is a huge ritualistic thing. Its permanent. Its not going away..

No different then a tattoo..

Hey I like the bass and your scar.. Its your house decorate it as you please..

My only question on a scale of 1-10 how bad did it hurt. I seen some pretty wacky scarification videos from BME that were down right freaky.. And the people barely moved and I mean they were removing LARGE chunks of skin yours are just thin lines.

Oh by the way Escher rocks my favorite artist..

19. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Cool bass, cool cuts, if thats what your into.

20. tempo2112

tempo2112

Jun 27, 2006
    Wirral, UK
    love the wood combinations, i much prefer a natural finish too. (2-3 more strings and it would be ideal for me! ;) )