1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Went GC today and played a Schecter...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lbanks, Feb 19, 2008.

1. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    ... a Studio 5.
    [​IMG]

I LIKED IT, HA, HA, HA!!!!!!

Hmmm, might be time to sell those PA speakers...

2. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Which is odd, because I'm not partial to neck-thrus.

3. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    I think for the money the Schecter basses are great deals and they play very well, not that fond of the electronics but at there price point they are better then most others.

4. I really like mine (Stiletto Custom 5). The EMG HZ are sort of love or hate, but I like having a variety of different sounds, so it makes a nice addition to my collection. The build quality and playability sold me on mine - I feel like it's built well above it's price point - and it doesn't hurt that it's really light.

Downside is that the finish is pretty delicate, and the control layout is a little weird - the blend being where I'd rather have the volume. My band like it better than my Alembic. :shrug:

I think it's well worth the $, and if you played it and liked it, go for it.

5. I love my Schecter custom 4. Great axe for the money.

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    However, I hated the Ampeg it was plugged into. Don't like toob heads. :D

7. Schecter's are great. My band loaned me a CX...something....with 6 bolt neck. On those basses, u can get zero relief without buzz. astounding really!

8. Ryanrocksursock

Ryanrocksursock

Jan 17, 2008
    anyone know how it compares to the elite 5? there about the same price

9. Schecters are an awesome value! Yes, the EMG HZ's are not the greatest and I am not a fan of the narrow string spacing. But, I still love my Custom 5.

Im the reverse, not a fan of neck throughs. Although I recently bought a ESP F255FM and love it.

10. I absolutely love my Custom 5. Buy it. You won't regret it.

11. ryan(MAIDEN)

ryan(MAIDEN)

Jan 27, 2008
    i love my studio 5 to death.... just remember that satin finish doesnt stay that way for long on certain spots wear your hand rest and what not...

12. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I hate those basses with a passion. They feel like toys and sound even worse. I've never held a bass I felt less comfortable with or could find more unusably bad tones from.