Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Went to a concert tonight.......

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Ívar Þórólfsson, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Well, tonight I went to a concert.

A Scottish band called Travis came here to Iceland to perform. An Icelandic band called Leaves was the warm up band.

The British press is very excited about the Icelandic band, maybe you Brits have read about them. They were very loud and the mix was pretty bad. I never thought I would say this, but the bass was too loud. Everyting rumbled with it and the bass drum. Bear in mind that this was held in an indoor sports stadium called "Laugardagshöllin".

I´m not a great fan of Travis, but it has been a concert drought here in Iceland this year so we decided to go to the concert.

They played very well, the music was to slow for my taste but they had a much better mix then Leaves. Also a big plus for Travis was the lightshow. They brought their own lights and they were fantastic, really added to the whole show.

Bah...it´s getting late and that´s it for now........