1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Went to a gig...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Ívar Þórólfsson, May 14, 2002.

1. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    A friend of mine from work was releasing his third cd, and held a release party concert.

His band is a one man thing, on the cd he played all the instruments, made all the arrangements etc.
    But for the gig he brought session players to play with him.

This was a very cool gig indeed! His band name is Thirteen check it out by all means. He´s releasing his cd all over Europe.

One thing happened at that gig that I thought would never happen. The bass player had a Fender Jazz, and it had such a good tone that I´m now seriously G.A.S.ing for a Jazz bass, that´s something I never thought possible since I despited them for their looks. :eek:

Damn G.A.S. :rolleyes:

2. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    i thought everyone liked jazz basses :D

what happens if the cd sells really big and he has to tour, he might have to get a whole band together. it happened to Dave Grohl ( foo fighters) so why not to your friend (keeping in mind your friend wasnt the drummer for the 'most' influential punk/grunge/alternative band since the sex pistols)

no flames please about the above.
    later
    Lukas

3. I heard of that guy somewhere, I think I read an interview with him.

I got one of the sound samples off his website, I think I'll check out the album when I have the money. :)