Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Went to a gig...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Ívar Þórólfsson, May 14, 2002.

1. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    A friend of mine from work was releasing his third cd, and held a release party concert.

His band is a one man thing, on the cd he played all the instruments, made all the arrangements etc.
    But for the gig he brought session players to play with him.

This was a very cool gig indeed! His band name is Thirteen check it out by all means. He´s releasing his cd all over Europe.

One thing happened at that gig that I thought would never happen. The bass player had a Fender Jazz, and it had such a good tone that I´m now seriously G.A.S.ing for a Jazz bass, that´s something I never thought possible since I despited them for their looks. :eek:

Damn G.A.S. :rolleyes:

2. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    i thought everyone liked jazz basses :D

what happens if the cd sells really big and he has to tour, he might have to get a whole band together. it happened to Dave Grohl ( foo fighters) so why not to your friend (keeping in mind your friend wasnt the drummer for the 'most' influential punk/grunge/alternative band since the sex pistols)

no flames please about the above.
    later
    Lukas

3. I heard of that guy somewhere, I think I read an interview with him.

I got one of the sound samples off his website, I think I'll check out the album when I have the money. :)