Went to Bass Palace, scored big!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jsonnenblick, Dec 20, 2001.

1. I drove up today from Bethlehem, PA to Bass Palace, which is about 70 miles north, in Scranton. ONE HUNDRED PERCENT worth the drive. Bob and Bernardo are nice guys, knowledgeable bass men, and square dealers of the highest order.

I traded in 2 basses I didn't want, threw in $200, and left with an awesome high-end 6-string electric guitar and the best-sounding and -feeling fretless I've ever played (a 1988 G&L L-2000 with no lines and an ebony board). These guys have an astounding inventory, and they make FAIR deals on trade-ins. Where else can you find that?

If you haven't checked out their web site, I really recommend them very, very highly.

Thanks, Bass Palace, for a fun afternoon and a good deal!

PS - The neck-thru 5-string Tune bass (there are 2 on the site; I played the natural-wood one) sounds a LOT like a neck-thru Ken Smith, for a lot less dough. Somebody ought to buy it!
  2. Congrats Jordan!

Basspalace is a nice place.I ordered my P bass from thier website.Nice bass at a nice price.I`d do business with them again,no hesitation. :)
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Same here. They are EXCELLENT to deal with!

4. Did you get a smiley face sticker on your invoice too? :D :D :D
  5. Agreed. I've purchased 4 basses from them. Great guys.
  6. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Great Place Great People!!!
    Hell I have driven down there from Massachusettes to do business with them and I have bought 5 basses from them also.
    Very Fair Prices and they actually give you what your trade is worth thats something unheard of from any retailer in MA.
    I'm planning a trip down there after the 1st of the year if anyone wants to meet me there to hang out,
    Last time I was there I spent all day there hangin out and playin basses, Bob say's he knows the best place in the world for HotWings that will make you toes curl!
  7. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    I bought my MusicMan StingRay-5 from Bob. I wish every store had the integrety and commitment to satisfy their customers the way Bob and Bernardo do!
    If you are looking for a bass, you owe it to yourself to check them out at basspalace.com
    And Merry Christmas to everyone !!
  8. Well, I _WAS_ happy with Bass Palace when I started this thread, but now that I know I should'a gotten a smiley face sticker on my invoice, I'm feeling a little gypped.

Kidding. . .

Seriously, it's nice to see that lots of people are catching onto Bass Palace!
  9. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Geez, I feel like I'm missing out. I'm just over in Jersey and I've never visited their store. Maybe sometime...
  10. C'mon. . . all the _cool_ bassists buy their instruments in Pennsylvania!
  11. James G. Ellis

James G. Ellis

Jun 22, 2001

First, congrats. Did you get the Melancon? That looked cool.
    Second, do they still have the Lakland 4 Standard in tobaccoburst w/ white guard?
    I have gotten four basses and two amps from them... love 'em.
  12. Well,if I was within driving distance of bass palace I`d be there quite often!:D If they have even half the basses/etc. they list on the website,woooohoooo!:)

I`ll definately buy from them again.Nice to have a dealer you can trust w/good prices and who stands
    behind his products.:D Sorry ebay! lol

Does anybody know if they do setups,new strings on thier basses before they sell them?I would say "yes" since my `98 mia P came out of the case feelin` SWEET!
  13. punkbassist

punkbassist Guest

Dec 3, 2001
    New Jersey
    I buy from victors music center and nj guitar and bass center. Both places are very good dealers. I also buy accessories from guitar villa. I just refuse to buy from bass palace. just not the place for me. Too far away.
  14. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I've purchased 3 Laklands and a Lull from Bass Palace and have always received great service and fair deals from Bob and Bernardo.. Great place and I'm looking forward to buying my Lakland Joe Osborne 5 there.. Scranton also has a pretty nice sushi bar there, just ask Bob...
  15. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I love their website - lots of eye candy!
  16. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Dang! I just live too far away or I would be going there quite often. Maybe we can talk them into opening a shop in Portland.

I've emailed Bob on several occasions and his replies have been timely and very cordial. I routinely check their website because it's one of the best bass sites I've seen. Great photos and write ups.

Awhile back I was looking for a bridge cover for my '69 Jazz and did a random email search. The next day Bob wrote me and said that he was going to Texas and might have what I was looking for. I found the cover the next day in Seattle so I grabbed that one but I was impressed with Bob's efforts for me. :)

If anyone is in there in the next couple of days tell them that they are cool!
  17. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    hopefully in a year or so my parents will drive past PA and let me stop there.key word being hopefully!