Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Went to BassCentral today...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rickreyn, Apr 9, 2002.

1. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    I was in Orlando for a seminar and slipped over to BassCentral. I had a nice conversation with Beaver and Gard alerted me to the new stuff. Grasshopper was also working overtime to make me feel at home. I played the Skyline which I thought was just as nice as its American made counterpart. The Musicman collection is still jaw dropping to me. I will replace the one I sold someday. I still have yet to play a 535, as I have yet to drive a Porsche. Why create the frustration? BC also has a wide variety of great used stuff, including a Sadowsky 5. My real attraction was with the Eden amp I was playing through. Love that sound. I was a little rushed so I did more talking than playing and had to hit the road. Thought you'd like to know.

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    nice...

but i've made a promise to myself never to go near BC or BassNW in seattle. God knows, i'd probably die of a heart attack... :D

3. LizzardTom

LizzardTom

Mar 16, 2002
    I take URB lessons with Gard every other week. Trust me, it's hard to leave there without severe GAS pains. All the guys there are great. I just bought an Eden Time traveler 110 combo and the CXM 112 cab from them, and I love it. Great stuff. I tried the Skyline Lakelands also, great bass for the price.

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I think I got you all beat. I took a trip to BC from England (and my family thought we were going to Disney:D )

The only downer was that it was pre-Gard although I have talked to him on the telephone re a mail order purchase.

Nice gear nice blokes and the dog doesnt eat the furniture in the new premises.

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hey Rick, glad you could stop by. Always good to have a TBer "in-house". That Metro is pretty impressive, hm?

joker, you'd be safe here, it's required for all BC employees to be certified in CPR! ;) :D

Hey Tom! Didn't I mention that we keep Rolaids handy for all the customers? (for the GAS of course! ;) ). That rig you got is a real killer, I've been tempted to snag a TT112 for myself for some small gigs. (For the record y'all, Tom is a smokin' bassist, just don't tell him, I need the money from the lessons! :) )

CS there's Disney for the family, and then there's Disney for the bassists. It all works out...:D

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I need to get to BC... I just don't want to drive down by myself.. Anyone live Near South Carolina wanna take a trip???? :)

7. LizzardTom

LizzardTom

Mar 16, 2002
    (For the record y'all, Tom is a smokin' bassist, just don't tell him, I need the money from the lessons! :) )

][/QUOTE]
    Gard also lies like a turd in the grass. Although, he is bar none the best bass instructor I have ever had the pleasure of studying with. I have been playing a long time( I won't go into details) and Gard has helped me to learn more in a few short weeks than in all the years I have been playing. When you are ready to sit down and truly learn this instrument with no B.S. , see Gard. You won't regret it.:cool:
    P.S. Gard my next lesson is free, right.;)

8. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I want a lesson from Gard.

9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Well, even though you called me a liar :p, you won't have to pay for the next two, is that OK?

(Seein' as ya already did ;) )

Thank you for the kind words. You've lumped me into some mighty heavy company with that statement! :eek:

10. LizzardTom

LizzardTom

Mar 16, 2002
    Thank you for the kind words. You've lumped me into some mighty heavy company with that statement! :eek: [/B][/QUOTE]
    My pleasure, thanks for all of your help and words of wisdom.:)