Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Went to BassNW today...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steven Green, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    ...and they didn't have ANY Epifani cabinets and told me they will no longer be dealin' for them. Apparently Bergantino is smokining Epifani and BassNW just couldn't move their Epi stock. So, I did not get to try out the Epi gear that I have been considering. That is the only store in WA that stocks them AFAIK. Bergantino doesn't make a 4x10, which is what I'm looking for, so I guess I'm gonna be picking up a coupla' Eden 410XST cabs from Mr. Gard, most likely, as I don't really have any other contenders in my 4x10 quest that I can try out locally. But now I'm hearing some strange rumors about Eden (see thread 'Eden'). I don't know what to do! AAGGGGH!:confused:

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, shoot, i was hoping to try out the epi 6x10 that they're advertising on their site...

3. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Actually, I was as well. Then I get there and...nothing.:(

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    wow, that's a real shame. :(

i think Nick makes some of the best stuff around. Aguilar, Eden, and Epifani all share certain characteristics in their tone that make me sorta lump them together, and IMHO, Epifani is the best of all of them.

but if i were to go for a second choice, it'd be Aguilar... :)

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Epifani belongs in a class with Bergie but not with Eden. Eden cabs are highly colored with the exception of the XST, which are somewhat flatter. Ags are also colored toward the warm side and nowhere near as "hi-fi" as Epi's. I would definitely lump Ag and Eden together but Epifani makes superior cabs. In a single unit, I've never heard a stronger, cleaner and more full-range "punch machine" than the T212.

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Just curious: have you tried the HT310 or HT322? Two HT210 cabs not an option?

7. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    the 410 thing is the same thing that keeps me from buying bergantino which id love to do. ive played their cabs and would just rather have a 410. the 310 just seems like a response to the epifani 310. it was made for the sake of having a 310 rather than any advantages over a 410. the thing is the size and weight of a lot of 410's but doesnt put out as much sound. yeah it sounds great but........

ive also never played 2 210's that i thought sounded as good as a single 410. and now theyre coming out with a 610 and still ignoring all the 410 folk out there:(

8. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    My thoughts exactly narud! I had considered getting two HT322 cabs, but they are 4 ohms and I want a total of 4 ohms so I can get maximum power from my World 2.1, so I would have to run my amp 2 ohms stereo. That Bergie 6x10 sounds pretty cool, but it doesn't have a horn and IIRC is being marketed to be the higher fidelity answer to the Ampeg cabs out there like the 8x10. You guys think that those Epi 4x10 cabs are better then then Eden XST? I could order either from Gard, but I can't try 'em out...:(

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Steve, I need you're shipping address... I have no idea why.

10. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i dunno...

but the Bergie's tone is in a class by itself. nothing sounds like it at all to me.

while i do agree the Eden's got a unique tone unto its own, the Epi and Aggie seems to share a tonal pedigree of sorts to my ear.

but like we always say around here, YMMV. :D

11. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Now that I think about it...I don't believe there was ANY Aguilar gear in there either! LAME!:rolleyes:

12. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    I was there a moth ago and the had a couple of gs 112 by the door on the right when you first walk in.

AJ

13. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I didn't see a singe Aguilar product IIRC. I did talk to Aaron a bit about the Epifani cabs and he described them as a 'scoopy-sounding' cab, not natural.