Went to GC, fell in love with a fretless 'wick!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deathbloomslife, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Okay, so I went to Guitar Center today in Orlando. As soon as I walked in I knew something good was about to happen. My girlfriend and I playd quite a few basses...

Ibanez SRX series: nice basses, 5 string neck is a friggin plank of a two by four, way too big. Sound from the 300 is pretty good, couldnt test the 400 as the battery was dead, but the 500 sounded just as the 300 did... I think they all have the same pups.

Schecter Stilleto Elite 5: again, a wide neck. neck through, and bueatiful mahogony tone blew me away on an Ampeg 115.

Schecter C4: My grilfriend loves this bass, especially the silver and black XXX with the Hipshot A style bridge in replacement of the the finger style S-Tek.

SPECTOR series: Performance series, my girl is in love! this time with a bass! she loves this bass, and feels real well to me too. very light, like 7 lbs pound, super super super light! great tone through the Ampeg 115, and the Behringer 15
    cab with a GK Backline 600 head, very sweet!

SPECTOR Rebop 5: Man, me and 5 string neckss dont get along! Aside from that, awesome Spector quality and sound, highly reccomended!

Ibanez Iceman: Nice tone, excellant balance, best Ive ever felt in a bass, no kidding.

Warwick Corvette 4 Fretless Passive: This bass absolutley blew me away!!!! I love the feel, the look, the comfortness, the tone, the playability and control. Was the first fretlass Ive ever played, and I think Im converting! I love the smooth neck, and killer growl of it! only $900 too!

Well, it was a great day for me and my girl in orlando... We found our future basses, and we got to see No address, Crossfade, and Seether too! so yeah, great day!

Later, Ryan.
  2. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Glad you liked it :) I have one that's coming in on the big brown truck tomorrow and I can't wait :)
  3. I didnt buy the bass cuz right now, I need to make car payments first... PLUS I was talking to the sales clerk at Guitar Center, I told him I found a slightly used fretted Corvette elsewhwere for only $650. He told me to go get all the information on it, and bring it back to him. He said we could try to work something out! :D

Does anyone know what GC's payment plans are???

Thanks, anxious for a fretless 'wick,
  4. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    the corvette 4 string is deff my favorite of the warwick camp but i'm suprised about something else: your gf willingly went to gc with you? i'm jealous :D
  5. Guitar Center has both a lay away and credit available. The standard for layaway is 25% down to be paid off in 30 days, but they can be flexable on both of those numbers. The typical credit plan is 3 months same as cash if you qualify for the card. Go in when its not busy, fill out a credit application and you should know in a few minutes if you got approved or not. A word of warning, the interest rate is pretty high just like most other in store credit situations....at least thats how it is at the GC I work at.
  6. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I just noticed that fretless after I placed my order with GC and it shipped :bawl: Ah well, atleast I get a spankin' new one and I don't have to stay up nights worrying about the auction :)