Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

went to gc

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by warwickben, Jul 4, 2002.

1. i went to guitar center today .o man i didnt want to leave.frist thing i see is my dream ampeg rig for 800$.next i played some grove tools 7 strings omg i was in love.the neck is thinner then my warwick which i liked.i didnt have a problem getting to the strings i think after i make a up right ill buy a ampeg rig or the grove tools 7 string.

o yeah i went in to get a doctor grip and my dad ended up buying a drumset.

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ahem...what kinda...drumset? ;) :D

3. damn right a dw

4. i spent quite a while at GC today as well. played a great black american p-bass, and absolutely fell in love with this one natural ash telecaster they had... unfortunately i can't be spending money on a guitar right now.

a p-bass and a tele.. i'm too old for my age.

5. damn right pbass and telecaster

6. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Had a little time to kill and was near a GC that I don't get by often. They had a Warwick Streamer Stage II 5 string hangin' on the wall. "Cooool" thought I, seeing as how I've never had the pleasure of playing one.

Pulled it down and start playing around with it. Felt pretty decent. Plugged it into an SWR SM900. Got an incredible amount of hum and buzz. Cranked the volume on the Streamer just to try to hear something over the noise. Heard a few notes then it trailed of into nothingness. The batteries died. Grabbed a Thumb and got the same noises. When I grabbed the rack handles, all the racket went away. Kinda hard to play bass while holding on to rack handles, though.

Moved over to the SM500. This is what I have in my rig, so I know my way around it. Same noises. Apparently they're having some sort of a grounding problem at this GC.

By this time I'd blown my free time and had to leave. I have some unfinished bizness with that Streamer Stage II.

Peace,

James

7. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Mmmm, DW...*drools*...

8. ill be beating the skins hahhaha. now when my freinds come over that are drummers we can jam.

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    **** YOU!
    I want a DW :(
    waaaah!!! mommy!!!
    I love drums...but I don't have a kit...I've been playing traps longer than bass...but I don't have a kit(I used to)
    but what I really want are roland V-drums custom studio performance stage X 1000000(or whatever they are called) with the triple trigger cymbals and the expanded brain...*drooooool*

lucky for me
    two of my friends have this dream V-drum set up(one is an amazing drummer...the other's parents are really rich, and they wanted a drum kit)
    also the drummer for the school combo I'm in hasa 10,000 dollar custom DW kit....only problem...he sucks dick...he can hardly hold a steady groove...let alone play in any fun time signatures or funky grooves....it took him about 3 weeks to learn the ending to one of our tunes
    left right left right leftright
    on the snare
    so simple even my guitarist friend(who can't play drums for ****) could do it on his first try.....it makes me so irritated when ****ty players get amazing gear just cause their parents are stinking rich...I have to deal with alot of that cause I goto a boarding school and half the kids there are children of Tv personalities or successful lawyers or inventors or self-help gurus...or whatever.

I wouldn't mind if this kid with the DW actually was dedicated to improving his drumming...but what agrivates me the most is his disposition on drumming....he practices maybe 2 hours a week at most....his teacher actually cancelled giving him lessons because he didn't practice or care enough about drums...yet he has a 10,000 dollar drum kit!!!!!!
    it ridiculous.....
    okay I'm sorry....I went off on a tangent there.

my dream trip to a place like GC would involve a spontaneous jam between me and another bassist that knew what he was doing...that would be fun(for the 10 seconds before the staff kicks us out :D
    I used to really like GC ...but I'm starting to see how they suck(at least for buying basses and guitars...they have a pretty decent keyboard, turntable, drum machine section)
    but GC has me hooked...cause I have spent quite a sum of money in the past...so I get mad discounts now.
    my next purchase is going to be eitehr a korg karma...or a korg triton LE..both are really cheap for what they can do...but that probably won't be for a while

sorry for this rant.

10. i know how u feel having some what ****ty gear and beig good when others have the best gear and suck.its probly because the kids with great gear dont love it as much and peeps with lesser gear.i figure if u have **** u work harder.

11. Guitar Center owns in the fact that they carry many more high end names than any other places where I live. I went to Sam Ash with my guitar friend and he was in heaven while I was stuck playing some ibanezes, a marcus miller fender (really nice bass, but it's just not for me), yamaha(way too muddy for my tastes), and rogue :rolleyes:.

Also, you can turn the amps up all you want in the high end room because they expect you to have money so they don't bother you. :)