Went to lunch . . . bought a Rumblefish

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Max, May 26, 2005.

1. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Hey TBers.

It's been a while since I've posted. Over the weekend I was in Santa Monica at Truetone Music (GREAT store by the way). They are one of only a few dealers for Reverend Guitars, and there on the back wall among a whole bunch of Roccos, Wolfmen and Slingshots was a lone Rumblefish. We got it off the wall and plugged it in and it was everything I had read about on Talkbass. Supple neck (and super fast), biting growling tone. It felt and played wonderful. Usually, in a store, I can keep my cool and try to negotiate a price down, but the guy there knew I was geeked about it, plus they know their stuff there and were aware that Reverend basses are no more. I gladly paid full retail ($719 PLUS a case PLUS sales tax!) and considered myself lucky to nab one of the last. Sorry for the lousy pic.

I may change out the pickguard. I called Reverend and they have a black one hanging around still. Black on Black would look cool.

My serial number is #3699. Any guys here that special ordered one before the deadline get yours yet? I am curious what serial number you might have.

Attached Files:

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Very impressive basses those Reverends.
  3. :hyper:
    Congrats, Max! Welcome to the club.
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Nice acquisition! I regret not owning a Brad Houser fiver. :(
  5. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Great grab... never thought I'd ever like 'em until I heard one.
  6. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Another fisherman! Way to go. :D
  7. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Off topic slightly, but I had a similar aberration a few weeks back. Just cruising around town during my lunch break, and made the mistake of very casually popping into my local guitar store, just to look... Came out with an SR4.
  8. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Max Brutha how ya been bro, Long time no hear!! Hows that MIJ Pbass of yours?
    Nice score with the Rev bro, I had one for a short time and liked it.
    It's good to see I'm not the only one with severe gas lately...
  9. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    I am glad that one of the stragglers has found a home. Every fish needs a home.
  10. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA

Hey Henry. I am still waiting for the new GO cd. P bass is just fine.
  11. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    You're gonna dig it the most, especially in a band setting. I dunno what's inside a 'fish that's all that dang different, but they have the most amazing "punch thru the entire mix and standout" tone of any bass I've had so far...and I've had lots and lots of basses.

I ahve a 5L and a Houser-fish, and I'll not be getting rid of them. :bassist:
  12. notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    congrats on the fish. i have been playing mine a good bit today. never ceases to amaze me.
  13. S Lewis

S Lewis

May 23, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    haha i know how it is
    i went in to get a cable fixed and came out with a mint condition 1985 T-40 :bassist: