Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Went to lunch . . . got a Fender Bassman 25!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Max, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I am really surprised by this overachieving little amp! My el cheapo Dean Merkley blew out and I wanted a good practice amp AND something to take to band practice where it is often just me and and the guitar guys without the drummer. I tried the Ampeg 112 and 115 combos and the SWR LA amps (the Crates too, but they were'nt even close)This Fender simply sounded better. The Bassman has great output. It was boomier than the Ampegs. The sound is clear and creamy at the same time. The kickback cabinet design is a real plus. Can't say enough about that. It really does "put the sound" where you want it. Really well put together. The ONLY construction deficiency that I can quibble with is that the controls feel a little plastic-y, but the grill is tough and tight feeling. Paid more than I wanted for a "practice" amp (nearly $300 out the door) but it is so fun to play through. I can tell a good practice amp is going to help my playing, I can hear all my flaws better. Anyway, I give it a big thumbs up for anyone looking into this product.

2. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I've had one for about 8 months now and I'm still very happy with the way it performs under similar circumstances to the way that you use yours. Great little amp. I also chose it over the same two Ampeg combos.