Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Went to lunch I think I'm getting a Spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassMan2000, Jun 27, 2001.

1. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    Well its the time of the season, I guess one bass has stole my wallet once more. The Czech Made Spector, in blue stain. What do you guys think I'm moving away from my stingray or should I look at something else?

2. td1368

td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Philadelphia
    I tried the NS2000 Q4 MIK recently and really liked the feel and sound of it and you couldn't beat the price either.

3. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    cool thanks for the suggestions guys keep them coming.

4. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    What kind of music/bands would you be using this for? I guess that's the first thing I would ask as far as going with the Czechtor (I forget who coined the term in the forums here, but I like it!).

The Czech Spectors are nice. I thought I would not like it since the neck looked like a baseball bat, but it did not bother me at all (have x-large hands). It plays nicely, and the construction is top notch.

I love that it comes with Schaller tuners and strap lock buttons already installed, that's a big plus. I use Schallers on all my basses as it is, so that was a pleasant surprise. The tuners are awesome too. Put the thing down for a year and you'll barely be out of pitch, if at all.

The sound is really cool, it's a unique sound that I cannot coax out of any other bass I own. That's part of what I like about Spectors, they have a signature sound that is agressive and satisfying. I wouldn't call them the most versatile thing out there, but they have a great sound for rock.

5. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    I bought one 2 months ago and love it to death, plays great sounds even better. I bought the plumb stain and I must say it is bootifull. If ya got the clams throw it down .

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I don't know how much the Check is gonna cost you, but I have a USA NS-4 w/the blue stain finish on eBAy. It's MINT w/a case!!!!!!!!

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1441740642">CLICK HERE</a> to see the bass on eBay. The reserve is set @ $1799.99. A new Czeck isn't much less!!!! :)

7. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    Love the Stuart sig, that's something the Czech definitely doesn't have.

8. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Spectors are great. I owned one abot 10 yrs ago and wish I had kept it. The thing had crisp mids like I haven't heard since.

9. Wow Nino, that bass looks awesome. You should have warned us first that we will have to hock everything we own if we look at that auction, thats just not cool! :)

10. You have to buy that SPECTOR! You really have no choice or say in the matter, so just give in and buy it! You'll thank me for years to come.

11. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    okay guys here my finall verdict. I'm buying the Czech Republic Model Blue Stain :)

12. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    For how much $$$.$$?

13. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    You will be a happy puppy!

14. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you consider my USA model. This bass normally sells for over $3000.00 & I have a reserve price on ebay for 1799.99. That $400 more than you're spending on the Czech.

Being the owner of multiple Czech basses @ one point or another, you <b>WILL NOT</b> be disappointed with the Czech bass. they're great basses, also. :)

Congrats.

15. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Dude get nino usa! Dont even think about it just buy it! Much better deal my friend!~

16. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    hmm I've had bad experiences on ebay before buying bass guitars sorry nino

17. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Cool. If you live close enough to me, I'll deliver it.