Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Went to Maksim Concert...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kiwlm, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Just accompanied my g/f to the Maksim concert here in Malaysia yesterday. Did a search on the word Maksim, no results from TB, so just thinking of starting a thread.

The funny thing about my g/f is that, she does not have Maksim's album, but yet eager to see Maksim in action, which to me is quite strange. If this is the case, I rather would have spent the ticket money to buy Maksim's album instead of going to his concert. We did went to Linkin Park's concert previously also, also accompanying by g/f, and again, she did not have a Linkin Park album at all! She just listen over at the radio, and maybe have some mp3s... don't really understand. I think she just likes the performing art. She don't know how to explain to me as well... :rolleyes:

Another thought... how do u guys rate musicians? To me, seems that musicians are those who can compose, not neccessary those who have superb techniques or speed. But for Piano Players.. seemed that lots of piano players now just play pieces from other composers. Are there people who improvise on Piano?