Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Went to Mars today...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ndjx, May 4, 2002.

1. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Got the chance to play some Hartkes, SWRs, Crates :rolleyes:, GK and Ampeg. Out of all of them I played I must say I prefered the Hartkes. Once I get the money I'm most likely going to purchase an HA3500. The SWR... for some reason I just didn't like. The Redhead Combo didn't sound all that great the SM500(I think thats right) sounded pretty nice though. The Crate BX220 or whatever sounded like turd, my Carvin PB100-15 is louder than that thing... pretty pathetic. I also talked to the clerks a lil' bit and I asked if they had the Fender P-bass Deluxe and he said they were discontinuing them! :( :eek: If they do I shall be pissed because that is the bass I've always wanted but with my luck they'll have discontinued it by the time I get the money. Any comments on anything I mentioned above?

2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I second the comment about deals at The Bass Place. I got quite a deal on a brand new Warwick.

Besides, there will always be used Deluxe P Basses around!!!

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Man! I hope not, those Ameri P Deluxes are the only Fenders I LIKE...sheesh. One of those, in midnight wine, with rosewood fretboard, and a black pickgaurd? Oooo yeaaaahhh...

5. The 2002 model P deluxe 5-strings are out with a different headstock (4+1) which I think is an improvement. There is always a rumor about Fender discontinuing basses... hard to tell.

The used market on eBay is plentiful with deluxe P, and will be for some time. You can get very nice quality basses on eBay for reasonable prices.

Dennis at TheBassPlace runs an ad on eBay all the time. He bought a bunch of the deluxe models and is selling them new at very aggressive prices.

Link to Bass Place Auctions

6. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Fender discontinuing basses? I doubt it. That would be the most retarded thing ever, I love Fender basses and I'm sure ALOT of people on here and elsewhere do too.