Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Went to Nino's house and...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Feb 9, 2003.

1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    "Waited an hour for that mofo!" - Nino

Yes.. I left my house at around 2PM EST and got there around 2:45.. Nino got to his house around 4PM.. I must thank neptoon for taking his time to send a PM/write a thread about me being at Nino's house and him not being there! :)

Anyways, I got to play Nino's Sadowskys/Lakland Skyline and the Atelier Z 5 string

What I thought about the Sadowskys: WOW! is the only word I can describe these things. I tried his 4 string Sadowsky with the mirror pickguard and I must say I was amazed. The tone was just incredible!! The neck was perfect, finish was perfect (other than the dings/scratches Nino had on there), and the construction was just phenominal. I never played any Sadowskys so I had to try one. I tried the Sadowsky 5 and the first thing I realized was not the construction/finish etc.., but the WEIGHT! This thing was lighter than my Zon 5! too bad it was a little wide for me to play :(

Lakland Skyline: It was not bad, but didn't meet the expectations I had after reading the reviews from TalkBass.

Atelier Z: OH MY GOD! talk about Lovely basses. I loved this bass!! other than the fact that the neck was a little chunkier than the Sadowsky 5 and it was alot heavier, I thought it was a phenominal bass! I LOVED the tone... very growly lows and crisp clear highs. I just loved it! It was equipped with the Atelier Z pickups and I thought they were cool as hell....

I had a great time at Nino's place today, he even changed the input jack on my Salas, and fixed the bowing in the neck on my Salas. Thank you very much Nino! I must say, from what Nino was playing on his basses, he is an awesome bass player, and also a cool cat! I learned quite a bit of things today! I love NIno's house as wel! GIMME IT!

"Why don't you take the bathroom home with you?"

oh yes, if everyone thinks that they have small hands, think again! Nino told me that his hands are tiny and my hand was ALOT smaller than his..

DM

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Uh, spector???? HELLO?!!?

3. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    I didn't see any of his Spectors.. all I saw were

Warmoth Gecko 5 (that pmkelly traded him, talk about SHARP frets)

Dean Jeff Berlin

Sadowsky 4

Sadowsky 5

Atelier Z 5

Lakland Skyline 4

his Washburn guitar

thats all i saw while I was there

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    After playing many different skylines this has been my opinion as well.

brad cook

5. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Nino showed me some flaws from the bass.. The neck and the body has a little gap that u can visibly see from the neckpocket. The area where the truss rod is seen is also pretty badly done..

DM

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yes yes, but what about his spector?

*Polly stares blankly at screen, dissapointed and ignorant.*

7. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Yah, where are the spectors??? I still think we shoudl start a spector lover's anonymous group or fan club or something...:D

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Dude, i'm so for it,,,, all we need is a name to go under our avatars and sigs;........I shall take a vote later,,,, look for a new thread soon......

9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Well, to answer the Spector question, He didn't see any cause I don't own any. All the ones' I had I sold. Eventually, I'd like to get a USA Bolt-On. But the Czech & USA Bolt-ons sold when the Sadwosky's came home.

Also, Sorry about the hour wait. :( I totally forgot we made plans & went to my mom's house. BTW, on my way back home to meet DM. I realized my wife had the HOUSE KEYS!!!! My wife had to meet up with us to drop off the house keys.

AND, don't let DM fool you with all that "I'm a crappy bassist" & what not. He can rip with the best of us. The Salas was VERY NICE!!!!!. The Headstock was weird but after a few eyefuls, it grew on me.

Actually, I got it from PacMan.

10. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    oooh, i thought you said pmkelly (p@) my bad

DM

11. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Another thing I noticed about the Lakland that Nino told me about. The tuners were not straight! all of them were either crooked or the spacing was not even. Shows about quality in Korea compared to the USA eh?

DM

12. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    I realized my wife had the HOUSE KEYS!!!! My wife had to meet up with us to drop off the house keys.

First the concert tickets and now the house keys....:confused: Nino, don't worry. Many of us were raised with lead paint in the house. ;)

Ken

13. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    LMAO!!!! How the hell do you remember about the Rush show. I even forgot about it. LOL!!!!!

14. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    LMAO!!!! How the hell do you remember about the Rush show. I even forgot about it. LOL

Lead again! :D