Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Went to Rondo today.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    And picked up my new baby! :D A beautiful Essex BG 205! All for $189! The bass is pretty well set up for out of the box. Tried the Brice 5 ers, but preferred the sliimer neck of the Essex. BTW, the Essex are made in China and the Brice are made in Korea.

Lookin for suggestions on mods from other Essex owners.

2. Dude, you got ripped off... that bass is upside down :D

3. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Heh Heh..:rolleyes:

I'm sure McCartney gets the same kind of cracks all the time. :p

Bass does need neck adjustment....fretbuzz noticable on first 2 frets.

4. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Congrats on the sweet buy.. I've been down to Rondomusic myself.. Have you met Michele? awesome guy to deal with

D

5. wow, somebody's parents hated him...

6. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    LOL...

What did you think of the SX J Marelysghost..if you played it.

7. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Dark Mazda - Michele sold me the bass. He is a good guy. Very helpful, no pressure

DHC - Btw, it is pronounced me-kay-lay and is Italian for Michael. I am sure his parents loved him ;)

5string - I did play the SX jazz - sweet sounding bass for an amazing price. It weighs a TON, tho :eek: I am still thinking about going back in April and buying it if it is still there.

I passed on the Brice bec I liked the slimmer neck of the BG205. The Brice is very pretty, tho.

8. How did the brice sound?

When you say slimmer, do you mean fretboard width, or depth (front to back).

9. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I did like the sound of the Brice. Very punchy. Impressive pickups with active electronics. The neck was thicker (deeper), not wider, than the BG205.