Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Went to SWR and A/B'd a Henry and Goliath Sr.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cantstandsya, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    I went to SWR the other day to have the bias adjusted on my 400S.I asked the service rep if I could hear the new 750X w/ my cab (Henry 8x8).We went into their testing room and he somehow hooked up the 750x w/ a Henry and Goliath Sr. were he could just a/b them back and forth with a switch.First of all the 750X sounded really good.I think they took the only two usable effects of the MO'bass and put them in this head.The Subwave and Distortion both sounded awesome , especially together.A ton of volume out of either cab, but just as the Goliath Sr.'s 110db at 1w/1m would indicate ,it is way louder than the Henry.Same head,same settings,same bass, he simply switched them back and forth wihile I was playing and the Goliath SR. was noticeably louder.I was bummed.The Sr. doesn't get the smae midrange punch that the Henry gets, but in terms of sheer volume it kicks the Henry's butt.There is also an issue concerning the price of replacing the speakers in the Henry vs. the Goliath Sr. that I just posted in another thread about the Henry earlier today.