Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Went to the Guitar Center today

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by count_funkula, Dec 13, 2001.

1. I went and tried out some combos at GC today. I played through a SWR Workingman's 15, GK700RB?, an Ampeg B2, Ampeg B100-R, and an Ampeg BA115.

The Ampeg B100-R and BA115 blew the other combos away IMO. The other 3 sounded good but didn't have near the warmth of of the B100-R and BA115.

I wish I could try one of these amps at my church so I would know if it is powerful enough.

By the way one of the best sounds I've heard from a bass was a Stingray 5 through the B100-R. It was awesome!!

2. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Hey Count, I totally agree with you. If a warm sound is what you're after, the B100-R is awesome. I absolutely love mine. If I can think of one negative thing to say about it, it's that it doesn't quite have that 'shake the floor' rumble that some other 15's possess. I love the sound of it with my new Stingray(4 string). It simply cannot be beat in its price range in my opinion.