Went to the shopping center for a can of beef and came home with..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllodoX, Dec 27, 2001.

1. A Yamaha BBG4 :D

[​IMG] ( Mine's quilted maple blue :D )

Ok.. here's the story : I posted about a local store where they sold impounded stuff and stuff from companies that went bankrupt.. they had a Cort Artisian B4 in the display for 500 guilders, which is about $ 200.. so today i went over there to see that the had already been Cort being sold :(
    The dude from the counter told me that he had another bass in the back.. so he grabbed the bass for me and showed it to me.
    It was a blue Yamaha BBG4A II... i told him to keep it hidden for me.. i rushed back home to pick up my 30w spare-rehearsal amp.. got to the store and played on the bass for almost 2 hours strait.. then i asked the dude behind the counter what the bass would cost.. he talked to his boss for a while and then told me

" Jah.. dat ding ligt hier al een maand of 7.. voor 500 piek mag je 'm hebbe "

which is translated into english :

" yeah well.. this bass has been laying back here for almost 7 months now.. whadda ya say about $ 200 ? "

so ofcourse i whipped out my wallet :D

so now i have 2 basses :D 5-string ibanez EDC and a 4-string Yamaha BBG :D :D
  2. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    Im still waiting for you to tell me you have a Fender... :D
  3. b.t.w. i forgot to mention.. it's BRAND NEW... the plastic cover was still on the pickups :D
  4. Tristan

Jan 28, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    i got a bass EXACTLY like the one in the picture for about $450 CDN. that's around $300 US. i still think it was a good deal. however, i didn't like the active electronics too much, so i ripped 'em out and put in my home-brew passive ones. soudns even better now.

rock on.
  5. the photo...

as you can see it's not actually blue.. it's more green/blue.. dark mint... very nice bass :)
  6. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    What happened to the can of beef?
  7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    WOW!!! That's a beautiful bass. I always like those basses!!!! Very under-rated but super quality & sound. Congrats.

8. thats what i want to know
  9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    LAMO!!!!! :D
  10. So does that mean a signature change in your future AllodoX? :p

Nice bass dude!!! :)

Dat vind ik erg goed!
  11. Ooo, pretty. Can I have it?

Rock on
  12. cool man! great deal! the guy in the shop probably had no idea about what that bass was really worth. I checked out that very same bass at Feedback (the biggest music store in the Netherlands) some time ago and they sold it for fl950,- (about 380 dollars) so you really had a bargain there! have fun with your new bass!
  13. Hi there Allodox ... congrats with your Yamaha ..
    I own a Yamaha BB1500 A - 4 string - and I really like that bass .... You should add to your signature: 'Yamaha rules' :D
  14. MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Well, I think if you check the can you'll find that it is pork, not beef. But then I never buy canned meat.

Oh, nice bass! :p
  15. superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    dude, you hit the jackpot...
    i've always been amazed at how much of a bargain that yamaha is!
    beautiful finish, and damn-good playability for the price.
    i'm always tempted to get one whenever i'm at GuitarCenter or MarsMusic...
  16. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Ooh, that makes me miss my BBG5S I traded in for my Kingston..

Perhaps if I'd get one as a four.. 300 bucks can't be that much to sacrifice now can it?
  17. ah nice. I was gonna get one of those for how much it would be at what ever store (cant remember) but then i went to the used shop found the trb5ii and bought that instead :D
  18. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    not an ibanez,i dont get it:confused: :confused: :confused:

just kidding...not.very good deal though.at my pawn shop,all they have are a few no-name amps and an old washburn,and an old peavey.and i hate them both.
  19. That's pork, I think?