Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Went to town to test the G-Major...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FretNoMore, Dec 27, 2002.

1. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    ...I sort of wanted to buy it, and get a rack effect to replace all the pedals. It sounds good, very little noise, and is easy to program. Very guitar oriented factory patches. Nice chorus and modulation effects, and also an EQ per patch. The compressor was also OK, a bit hard to know with headphones only, but useful as far as I could tell. But the pitch shifter sounded like Donald Duck like all other multi-effect units I have tried so far. And the envelope filter wasn't too great either. So, no go, I'll keep the EBS pedals for the time being. Perhaps just as well, saved me some money. Just thought I'd report.

Still looking. Is there any rack unit that does a credible job of pitch shifting bass one octave down?

2. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Any of the Eventide Harmonizers (or the Orville), I presume. But they will cost a pretty penny, as they're more often than not used in studios.

3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Looked up some prices on Eventide. Ouch. :)