Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Went to Washington D.C. Tuesday, had a blast!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Selta, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Well, on Tuesday my AP History took a trip to the Holocaust Museum in D.C. That was awesome enough in it's self, but we also got to see the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Memorial, Vietnam Memorial and the wall with all th names on it and such, and lastly the Pentagon. All the buildings down there are very nice, and the tour of the Holocaust museum was awesome, learned a lot about what happened and such. The bus ride down was about 3.5 hours, and back 3 or so. Got a good day out of school, and had fun on a field trip. It was simply awesome!

2. way back when i was in school. in 85, sigh. we went to washington for a 3 day trip, and it was awesome. we went to the capital, white house, all the statues, changing of the guard, fbi building, ford theater and lincolns home, the wall, smithsonian. it was great. i want to take my kids there some day to see all that. they would have a blast. i think that was one of my favorite vacation places. not bored even once.

3. glad you like it, i was born there and the city's kinda dear to me. i used to know a secret way into the capitol where you don't have to wait on line or anything, but they've probably tightened that up since sept. 11. oh well.

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Cool!

I live in the 'burbs between DC and Bal'mer, and need to get downtown again... especially to see the Holocaust Memorial, which I haven't yet. The wife and I ahve spent the last few vacations checking out the Windy City and the Big Apple... too easy to take our wonderful hometown museums and monuments for granted.

5. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Yeah my bro lives in Vienna, and works in DC. I find that the city is the best place in the world. I would love to live there someday. The memorials and stuff are great, but the city in whole is awesome. There is always something going on.Man, I want to go visit now.

6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The Holacaust museum is really awesome. I find it difficult to get through without breaking down into tears. I take that stuff for granted since I work 3 blocks from the mall.

Hey, another really fun town with great historical monuments is Philadelphia. Independance Hall is great, the mall downtown and of course the Mint is fun to tour.

7. JWBass

JWBass

Jul 20, 2001
    Levittown, PA
    Philly is a great town. Independence Hall is a bit of a mess right now as they are "redeveloping" the area, you know, trying to "make it better".

South Street has some great music and there's the Electric Factory too.

One question keeps popping up for me.....what has this thread got to do with basses? :confused:

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Nothing at all, that's why I put it in off topic. :D

9. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    Jersey/DC
    its a shame that this city (DC) sucks on the weekends...and yes, the museums rock.