Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Went with A ZON CUSTOM

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blen dem, Jan 14, 2005.

1. blen dem

blen dem Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2001
    USA, Vallejo
    A few months ago I couldn't decide on a Roscoe LG or a Modulus Quantum (thanks for all the input) - I ended up going with a Zon Sonus Custom 5 and I couldn't be happier. Forgot how comfortable the 34" scale was and the B string is the best I've owned and one of the best I have ever played. Currently have a Cirrus Alder/Maple 5 but looks like I may have to sell it to help out wiht the payments - I charged the bad boy...

Anyway, just thought I'd share with mi fellow TBERS as you all have been so helpful and supportive throughout the years. Can't wait to have a full blown jam with this thang! Anyone interested in a Excellent close to Mint condition Cirrus 5 hollah at me. Pics comin soon, PEACE...

2. I know you're happy but you didn't had to make 2 separate threads ;)

anyways, congrats

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    good choice. great basses. and i agree, best low b's ive ever played on a bass.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Great choice. I love my Sonus Custom fretless 5. If I were ever forced to sell everything and only have one bass, it would be my Zon.

5. blen dem

blen dem Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2001
    USA, Vallejo
    thanks folks. Didn't mean to make two threads...i'm such a rookie at this, when i tried to make changes it posted it again...my bad.

6. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Congrats on your new Custom, I know you will enjoy it.
    I am waiting for a new custom 5'r as we speak :)

7. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Yes we need photos....that's mandatory here. Front and back.

Congrats on the Custom. I also have a Custom 5 and I have been playing almost every day.

And bassjamn, be warned, we will expect a report and photos when you get your Zon.