Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

We're Giving Away A Bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mchildree, Dec 14, 2001.

1. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    ...and you're invited to help. An earlier thread kind of evolved into several of us getting together a nice little present, from Talkbass.com, for some sick kids at Scottish Rite Children's Hospital in Atlanta, GA. See the whole story here:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=32250

As you can see, some contributed goodies, some donated a bit o' cash, but we still need a few more small contributions to cover the $150 cost of the Yamaha bass we're giving away. Anybody else wanna get involved? If so, PM or email me and I'll give you details on where to send donations.

Any monetary donations over and above the cost of the bass will be contributed directly to the hospital or used to buy them something to go along with the bass stuff.

Thanks to all who join in!

2. Send it to

Tim " the AllodoX " van Dijk
    Hengmeng 79
    5235 JX 's-Hertogenbosch
    The Netherlands

thank you :D

p.s. bomb-mail and white powder will be returned to sender. ;)

3. mchildree

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    *bump*

4. will $280 be enough to bump it up to a fender?
    if so my rig can hold off until then

5. mchildree

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    The bass has already been bought and will be given to the hospital next week...we just need a few small contributions to help pay for it.

6. really? oh... ok... well i'll send $20... email me with the address to send it too

7. mchildree

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    FF, I emailed the info to you just now. Thanks for your contribution...it should help make a hospital stay a bit less uncomfortable for a few kids...

8. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    $40 comin at you, mike. Get an extra set of strings or something on me :)

9. mchildree

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Whatta Man! Thanks, Pacman! Herm is pitching in some strings for the bass, but we'll definitely find some good use for it.

10. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    ask not what Talkbass can do for you, but what you can do for your bass playing bretheren. Happy Holidays.

11. mchildree

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Anybody else want to get in on this? I just want to make sure everyone has the opportunity.

12. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    Mike -- I emailed you requesting your address and never got a reply...

13. mchildree

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Sorry Robert... Check your email and your PMs. We'll get it to you one way or another...I can fire up smoke signals if we have to ;)

14. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    hi mr.
    just sayin that what u are doing is a very kind and caring thing to do. i would give u some money myself, but i aint old enough to have a credit card, and i live in london :(

im amazed that no-one has accused you of fraud or nuthin, it must be all the christmas spirit u guys got over there!

good luck

luke

15. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Well, as I'm the one who is delivering the bass on Wednesday to the hospital, I can assure you it's on the up and up.

16. mchildree

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Apologies to the mods for the duplicate post...but this needs to be said twice!
    Hey Folks, we've compiled enough donations to cover the cost of the bass, and along with the goodies kicked in by other generous Talkbassers, we've got a nice present for Scottish Rite.

Big, Big Thanks to all who contributed! You guys helped make MY Christmas better!

Keep an eye out for Bassmonkee's delivery of the stuff to the hospital...