Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

we're gonna be on tv!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Blunk, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Blunk

Blunk

Aug 14, 2002
    Hey,

my band's gonna be on tv again, this time we'll be on a show with some credibility - i don't know if anyone outside of ireland has ever heard of "The Last Broadcast" (i know there's a movie of the same name) but i mean Dave Fanning's tv show.

For those who don't know, Dave is considered THE MAN music wise, kinda an irish John Peel i guess.

he called us last night, he's using footage of us doing a cover of High & Dry (by radiohead)...i can't believe he actually rang us to tell us we'd be on the show.

i know it'll only be a brief thing in a huge show full of great bands, but its not often i can say i was on a tv show with robert smith from the the cure and van morisson!!!

needless to say we went out to celebrate our miniscule celebrity status last night, i'm only home now...jaeger and beer does not make a good combination - we've a gig in about 6 hours to get ready for...i need sleep and lots of it!