were is every harmonics

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by warwickben, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I think you're right.
  2. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    I disagree

3. Slap_Thatb_Ass

Mar 17, 2002
    warwickben...is strange.
  4. i have a broken hand i didnt want to have to typ it 2 times
  5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    well there are artifical harmonics on every single fret, you juts have to know how to find them
    then the natural harmonics are shown pretty well on those links....though the six string bass ref. page missed a few.
    the other ref page definatly helps to show the scale at which harmonics occupy...they are everywhere.

also there are multple ways to hit almost every harmonic note you find...like the Eb in "Portrait of tracy" you can hit it by holding down B and lightly pressing Eb on the A string...you can hit it by holding down Eb and lightly pressing Ab on the A string(11th fret) you can also hold down Eb and then use your thumb up past the fretboard ontop of the pickups
    and I'm sure there are other ways to hit it(I've generally found at least 3 ways to hit each harmonic I discover....different ways work better for different songs/grooves)

but I don't know how far you'll be getting with harmonics with a broken hand :(
  6. true i figured i can learn more about bass till it heals.i only got a few more weeks.
  7. notnuffsleep

notnuffsleep Guest

Jun 5, 2002
    San Dimas CA
    OMG, Jaco's Portrait of Tracy is great.