1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Were the Genz Benz Shuttle 10T and Neox 112T Cabs desinged with each other in mind?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sk8, Mar 23, 2009.

1. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I only ask as i'm now using the 3.0-10T Combo after selling my 6.0 and surprising though the low end is out of such a tiny box when i connect the combo to the neox it is awesome :D

Cudos the the GB guys for this minor miracle in minature :p

I tried the combo with a BFM 10.5 and seemed to get some phasing issues but with the neox i get none even though they are obviously different sized drivers.

I was wondering whether the GB guys had designed this combination to work or was it just luck?

Anyway, hats off to you guys this is an incredible mini stack that covers all my needs without breaking my back :bassist: the neox has spoilt me i think as nothing comes close to it IMHO for lowend; its just so fat and adds a beautiful thump to the ten.

Thanks guys. Now if only GB would make a tube amp.............:D

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    The Shuttle concept just carries forward the flavor of our larger cabinets in a smaller package. Obviously the small cabinets will not have the same low end of our larger models, but the do have more than almost any cabinet of this size and players have found many applications where they are ideal.

The Shuttle cabinets are a very tight, focused design. You may be hearing that and it works better with your bass, playing style or ears.

3. G2K

G2K Guest

Jul 21, 2008
    Simcoe County, ON. CA.
    Can I use the shuttle 3.0 with the NEOX-210, or would this cab need more to drive it properly?
    Tks

4. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    No problem at all, the cabinet CAN handle more power, but if the volume with the 3.0 is adequate for the job then it's A-OK. Going to a 600 watt amp for example would increase your SPL by about 3dB... noticeable but not an earth shattering amount.

5. G2K

G2K Guest

Jul 21, 2008
    Simcoe County, ON. CA.
    Thanks,
    Cheers !!

6. jazzenfunk

jazzenfunk Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    bay area
    I too use a 112 cab (berg) under my 3.0t, It really fills out the bottom and gets plenty loud. Not to mention it's a back saver mini stack.