Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

were to get a seven string pickup

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by warwickben, Jul 15, 2005.

1. so hers the deal iam makeing a bass right now and its gonna be a seven string.the thing is i cant find pickups for sale for seven string basses.

i have made a template of of mdf.

i figured out were the sweet spots are.

for the neck pickup the string spaceing center to center is about 11/16 , 4 1/8 inches is center to center of the out side strings.

for the bridge pickup the string spaceing center to center is about 12/16 . 4 1/2 inches is center to center of the out side strings.

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    You might call Brian Barret at the low end, and see about picking up some of his 7-string Jazz pup's. You could also try Conklin, Ken Lawrence, or Pete Skjold. All of which have made or are making 7's I believe and may be able to get you the pup's you need.

3. thanks. for ur help looks like ill be makeing phone calls monday.

4. sorry i for got to say this but can u give me a link to Ken Lawrence, Pete Skjold

just so i can look for there numbers.

5. i called the low end. iam not gonna list a price but more or less the pickups are gonna cost more then the wood and hard ware. iam makeing the bridge.

now i know why u dont see to many people make there own seven string.