Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wesley Willis- The funniest man alive

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by JWC, Jan 10, 2001.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    has anyone ever heard of Wesley Willis. This is a 350 pound black skitzophrenic man who makes the strange recordings. his songs include,
    Cut The Mullet
    Casper The Homosexual Friendly Ghost
    Rock Saddam Hussein's Ass
    Kill Whitey
    Suck a Carribous Dick

Download these songs off of Napster. you will die of laughter.

2. Lance Jaegan

Lance Jaegan

Dec 23, 2000
    Illinois
    After I read your post, I went and dl'ed a few of his "songs" from napster. Although not exactly "music" they are hilarious. He's one crazy bastard. Definitely something to listen to when you want a laugh.

3. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    His songs are the funniest damn things I've ever heard!! :D One of my friends just bought his album that has "Rock Saddam Hussein's Ass" on it... EVERY song has the same backing tracks, just in different keys... priceless...

Have you ever heard "Electric Eels"? That one is hysterical! "Pope John Paul hit me with a tire iron" ha ha ha ha !!!!! :D

4. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Kill Whitey is my favorite. The cool thing is that he uses some old Casio keyboard and sings toally off key. He is the Bob Dylan of our generation.

5. Bryan_G

Bryan_G

Apr 28, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    OMG, this dude is crazy. I went to one of his shows once, he has an "egg" on his forhead because he headbutts everybody. All his songs were exactly the same just in different keys and he actualy played his own keyboard part(3notes) Everybody was yelling out songs that they wanted to hear, and the he would yell back, "THIS IS MY SHOW" it was funny. but..... I really felt sory for him i mean this guy was truly "challanged" and everybody was laughing at him.

6. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    I wouldnt feel to sorry for him. He is kinda obscene!

7. Bryan_G

Bryan_G

Apr 28, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    I don't know the story behind him, but to me he seemed incapable of makeing the choice wheather he liked doing what he did or no. wheather somebody else wanted him to do it, or if he choose to do it would make a diff, and I don't know. I guess it was more of a side show. Kind of like "come see the retarded fat black man, sing songs!!"

8. Oh man, Wesley Willis is awesome! A friend of mine lent me a tape a couple of years ago, and that is about the hardest I have ever laughed. He came through Atlanta a few months back and for some reason I didn't go. I am still kicking myself.

9. one awesome song.. suck my dog's dick.. hahaha

10. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    A local radio station here in Detroit, WRIF, used to have him perform at some of the local clubs. I caught a couple of his shows. My sides hurt for three days!!!!

If you guys like Wesley Willis-- you may want to check out Screamin' Jay Hawkins. He was doing something very similar back in the 50's & 60's.

11. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    I saw Wesley play at a bar when I used to live in Chicago; he was funny, totally real, and kinda painful to witness. I had a friend who recorded him at Chicago Trax studio (Al Jourgensen's opium den) who said that he was definitely mentally ill but a really sweet guy.

12. membranophone

membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    I saw Wesley a few months ago at a local club. He gave me a headbutt!!

13. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    His song "The Ghostbusters Got Busted" was written about the time that he was supposed to play at my friends' house in Hancock, MI and the party got busted. It was around halloween and the guys in the house were dressed like Ghostbusters.

Anyway, they got Wesley to come back up here last April and it was awesome. He stayed on their couch that night and we partied with him. I think I have some pics somewhere in which he's headbutting me and a few of my friends. He also wrote a few songs that night, including one about my friend's girlfriend, Anne.

Very cool guy to talk to, if you like one or two word sentences. He's really nice but he's not afraid to speak his mind about anything.