Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

West Coast Bassists

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by mljohn, Aug 12, 2000.

1. mljohn

mljohn

Jul 16, 2000
    I've noticed from a lot of the profiles that most of the members seem to be from the east coast. Are there any other west coast bassists out here besides myself?

No...? Good! More gigs for me:)

2. Heck yeah! Poundin the waves and the bass here in Surf city!!

3. hell_awaits

hell_awaits

May 2, 2000
    I'm from sh!t ridden Los Angeles. :oops:

4. At the moment I'm in Long Beach, CA.

5. BassLand

BassLand

Mar 20, 2000
    Lost Angeles
    Hi All,

I am a Left Coast bassist, a transplant actually. Originally from New Jersey, living out here for 20 years. I can definately say I have been exposed to things that I would have only dreamed about in ole' Asbury Park. My website is http://bassland.com and I invite those who have not been ther eto stop by.

BassLand

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I am based on the South Coast - and will be playing two gigs in the next two weekends on the beach - at Hove and Shoreham-by-sea! Hoping for sun - probably forlorn in England :(

7. zender976

zender976

Aug 12, 2000
    Southern CA is cool and all but i just gotta say wussup for all my Bay Area bruthaz of tha bass!!!

8. I spent my first twentyone years in Huntington Beach. When I realized that I didn't surf anylonger, played in enough crappy punk bands and had my car broken into enough times I moved to Scottsdale AZ. Somewhere along the lines I ended up out here in Charlottesville, Virginia. Don't get me wrong- I miss H.B. and some of So. Cal- not the 91/55/405 or the 5- and definitely not the HBPD.

The music scene in Charlottesville is fantastic- and since most of the guys in my band, Lyman, are from San Diego area we have a different sound than most of the bands in the area.

CL Power