Westbury Track IV Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hoodadoo, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Can anyone give me some in depth info about the Westbury Track IV bass, besides the info on the Westbury website. How much do they run for in excellent condition? I recently purchased one and it is being shipped to me, should have it in a week. Anyone out there have one?
  2. Don't know what they say on the Westbury website , but hopefully this will be helpful. Westbury was distributed by a company called Unicord back in the late 70's possibly into the early 80's. Unicord at that time also distributed Univox basses ,g&%$#rs and amplifiers , Stage amplifiers , Korg keyboards , Vantage g&%$*rs andbasses , and Marshall amps. The company was based in Westbury , NY (hence the brand name). As far as I know , they were manufactured in Japan. I don't own any Westbury products , but have a Univox P-Bass copy (nicer than alot of real Fenders I've played) , and a Vantage Flying V (ahhh - the Metal Years !!). Prices for most of these instruments is in the $200 - $500 range , depending on model and condition. For more info , go to Univox.org. It is a collectors website with lots of good info and even a classified section. Good luck with the new bass ...
  3. Thanks for your info. A lot of that and more was on the Westbury Website...I was just hoping to come across someone who actually has one of these, and can give me the scoop on how it plays, sounds, etc. It's a bit different than other bass guitars I have, and play...sure is sweet looking.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

That vintage stuff if is pretty cool, i like some of the hofner copys of the time.
  5. Well, the Track IV arrived yesterday. She is as clean as could be, and has killer action, and tone. I love her, she's a beauty. She sure is a heavy mother, but I'll get use to her!