1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

westfield package>

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 666knothead>, Sep 4, 2005.

1. 666knothead>

666knothead>

Sep 3, 2005
    hi,im startin' out on bass and i was considering buying a bass package.the package contains the following;westfield b4000 bass,20 wot soundking amp,strap,lead,tuner and a jools holland learning DVD.the price is £137 pounds.It sounds like a good (cheap) deal to me.What are your thoughts,what else would you reccomend.(leave link)
    Thanks!

2. xxajr8xx

xxajr8xx

Aug 31, 2005
    westbrook,CT
    if your just starting out i think somthing like that would be fine.. but if you really get in to it like 2 or 3 years or somthing like that then go for the expencive stuff.

3. Yea I bought a cheap Ibanez and a 15 Watt amp. Two years later I got the Fender gear.

It should be fine for starting out though...

4. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

I started out with a Westfield (bought an amp shortly after) - to be honest, it was a crap bass, but it did the job and got me where I am today!

When I really got into it (about 2 years into playing) I bought a Fender Jazz - the quality difference is amazing!

My Westfield is now a hobby bass, I've JUST finished defretting it this weekend, and it's sparked a new passion for it... though it still sounds worse than my Fender!