Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

westfield package>

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 666knothead>, Sep 4, 2005.

1. 666knothead>

666knothead>

Sep 3, 2005
    hi,im startin' out on bass and i was considering buying a bass package.the package contains the following;westfield b4000 bass,20 wot soundking amp,strap,lead,tuner and a jools holland learning DVD.the price is £137 pounds.It sounds like a good (cheap) deal to me.What are your thoughts,what else would you reccomend.(leave link)
    Thanks!

2. xxajr8xx

xxajr8xx

Aug 31, 2005
    westbrook,CT
    if your just starting out i think somthing like that would be fine.. but if you really get in to it like 2 or 3 years or somthing like that then go for the expencive stuff.

3. Yea I bought a cheap Ibanez and a 15 Watt amp. Two years later I got the Fender gear.

It should be fine for starting out though...

4. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

I started out with a Westfield (bought an amp shortly after) - to be honest, it was a crap bass, but it did the job and got me where I am today!

When I really got into it (about 2 years into playing) I bought a Fender Jazz - the quality difference is amazing!

My Westfield is now a hobby bass, I've JUST finished defretting it this weekend, and it's sparked a new passion for it... though it still sounds worse than my Fender!