Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Westone Pantera x750 Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by traceman, Mar 9, 2005.

1. traceman

traceman

Mar 9, 2005
    Hey do any of you guys know if there are any direct replacement pickups for my westone bass? There is something wrong with the neck pickup. I doubt I will be able to find a westone pickup anywhere so I figured I'd ask you guys..
    You can see the pictures at www.traceman.com/westone
    traceman

2. fallenblind

fallenblind

Jun 9, 2005
    :bassist: hey man My step dad has the same bass as you... we've been lookin online forever for replacement parts and we found yours, which is a different year. He has the same problem as you, his neck pickup isn't working. We think that its the switch that is the problem, not the pickup. Get back to me about this... its better to email me at

lostinside2@bellsouth.net

3. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
    I'm in the process of upgrading a Westone (no idea which model) with a Bart NTMB + push/pull mid. No drilling or re-sizing of holes required, and there's even room in this one for a second battery to make it an 18v system.

I'll let you know if this eliminates the 'lost' neck p/u when I solder this up over the weekend.

This is in fairly good condition, and has two humbucker sized p/u's. It was a vol/vol/tone + p/u selector switch passive unit when it came in. It also has an all wood neck (i.e. no graphite is visible), so I guess this rules out some of their higher-end bass models. If the p/u's can catch any of the resonance of playing this accoustic, this thing out to really smoke when I finish. :bassist:

R

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I used to have the five string version of this bass, wouldn't mind having another one for nostalgia's sake.

Have you pulled the pickup? I think that big black thing is a cover, and you could stick another P type pickup underneath it.

And I am in agreement that it may be a switch too. I have known a couple of people with Peavey T-40s that had one of the pickups stop working, and it turned out to be a problem with the pickup selector switch.

5. fallenblind

fallenblind

Jun 9, 2005
    Dude, we tested the magnetic field on the pickup with something metal like a screw driver, its the pickup selecter because when the selector is in middle position the pickup works.... :hyper: :ninja: :bag: