1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Westone Thunder 1A replacement parts

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by spirithunter, Oct 24, 2013.

1. spirithunter

spirithunter

Jan 31, 2013
    Hi all
    Don't know if this has been posted before as I'm new to the site but I've picked up a Westone thunder 1a bass which needs some work and don't know where to start. I need a new nut (I think it's a 40mm) new bridge and a new pole switch. I live in the UK and not sure where to get them from. Another problem I have is the holes for the bridge seems a bit enlarged and a few of the bridge screws are not biting. A mate suggested drilling and dowelling the damaged holes to take new screws. Do you think this would work. I'm no expert at repairing guitars and not bothered about genuine parts. I don't want the full re-sale price, I just want to play it.
    Thanks.