Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Westone Thunder 1A

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scepter1A, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Has anybody ever heard of this make of bass guitar?

I can't find any info on it anywhere.

2. That bass has a Precision-configured soapbar in the neck position and a dual-coil in the bridge, both with exposed poles, right? If so, that's the one a friend has. It gets a pretty solid rock tone. Nothing special, but it certainly cuts the gig.

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I had a fretless Westone Thunder III inthe 1980s which was truly awesome! Exotic woods, through-neck, ebony fingerboard and great sound. I always had sound-engineers asking me how I got that sound. It was so much better than any other bass I played back then.

But it got damaged in the "tour bus" - transit van - and never sounded as good again - I eventually traded it in on an Ibanez Musician, but would love to have a "whole" one again. There were Thunder 1s about then but I never liked the look of them - somehow "cheap"-looking to the IIIs "high end"?

4. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    I have a different model of Westone and it is the best bass, for the money, that I have ever had.