Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Westone

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lexx, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Lexx

Lexx

Aug 7, 2002
    Uk
    Need advice here people.
    I just moved into a new house and I found a Westone Thunder I-A just laying there amongst some old junk in the loft.
    Its in pretty good nick, and I have re-strung it. Me not having a clue about westones I was wondering if anyone had an idea about sale prices.
    Thanx

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    The Thunder 1a is a good inexpensive or starter bass. My mate bought one sh for £100ish in the mid 80's. I have not seen any for sale for years and dont think that its worth much more than that.

As it cost you nought why not advertise it on the cheap for some of the impoverished teenagers we get on the site?

3. sbasssman

sbasssman Guest

Jan 1, 2002
    They are supposed to be pretty good low end basses. I used to always be amazed at the bass player in my brother-in-law's band. He was phenomenal, studied jazz, but almost all his
    gigging was done on a very cheap Westone - and it sounded great.
    He never sucumbed to GAS.

4. Lexx

Lexx

Aug 7, 2002
    Uk
    'Nick' means good condition

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I agree totally - or give it to a charity - considering that lexx can easily afford £4,000 a year for car insurance? ;)

6. Lexx

Lexx

Aug 7, 2002
    Uk
    Giving it to my Step-brother. He wants to start to play

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

8. Lexx

Lexx

Aug 7, 2002
    Uk
    I'm even gunna pay for his lessons. Is that charitable enough...hehe