1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wet/Dry expression pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GreggBummer, Mar 22, 2018.

1. I'm not quite sure how to explain what I am looking for. I am looking for an expression pedal that would allow me to mix effects with my dry signal. I suppose the pedal would be an effects loop.

For example I would be able to push the expression pedal down and add more effect. If I backed off the pedal, I would get less effect. So it would mix wet/dry signal. Wet all the down, dry all the way up.

Or something like that.

Does this exist? Or is there a way to use a volume pedal to do this?

I apologize for not being articulate about this... hopefully someone out can help.

Thanks!

2. JKos

JKos

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
  3. Wow! That might be perfect. Super cool.

Thank you so much.

4. JKos

JKos

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    Although it's not quite clear to me how that pedal holds any particular position and what happens when you take your foot off.

But, yes, such capability does exist.

Edit: Instructions say the left input is full and right input muted when disengaged (take your foot off).

- John

5. I never thought about using a pan pedal. It's a good idea. I'll give it a try.

6. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    If you already have an expression/volume pedal handy, there’s the One Control Expressio

GreggBummer likes this.
  7. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    GreggBummer likes this.
  8. thumbslapper

thumbslapper Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2007
    San Francisco
    echoing what LSMFT6 said: Mosquite Blender Expressio

has a buffer and a phase reverse switch, but is not cheap & doesn't come with an expression pedal (i used the Moog $40 one) but works great. You can find them used on reverb every so often...

GreggBummer likes this.