Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

We've been bombed again

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dhadleyray, Jul 21, 2005.

1. dhadleyray

dhadleyray Guest

Dec 7, 2004
    This **** is getting old. I just got back from picking up my wife.

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Ummm, what are you talking about? :confused:

3. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I'm guessing the fact that there were additional explosions in London today. Three subway stations and one bus. It appears that the bombs (and therefore the casualties numbers) are smaller, thanks goodness.

Horrible news.

Marshall

4. There is very little solid information on this. From what I understand, only the detonators on the explosives went off.

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Man, that sucks. I hope no one was hurt. I'm watching CNN and theydon't have alot of info :(

6. Friggin Terrible. I wonder if it's some dumb copycat or something. Doesn't seem like Al Quaida (if in fact that's who it was) to do something like this so close together. They tend to dissappear for a while.

7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    My thoughts go to the folks whose lives were touched by this and 7/7's terror acts.

8. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    In my mind, it doesn't matter whether or not it's copycat. Once the perps are found, they should be dipped in jam and tied to a fireant hill. Then, if they're still alive, execute 'em. No room for negotiation or plea agreement.

9. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    I can't help, but think of conspiracy theories when I see this. Especially if Britain starts to churn out some huge civil rights infringing legislation. We already have the Patriot Act and I heard Britain had something in the works or something.

10. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    You can't help but think of conspiracy theories because some explosions occured two weeks from each other? I'm sorry I don't see it. It's like people claiming that the U.S. government was responsible for 9/11. Hogwash.

11. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Nah, just the whole deal. And I'm not sure why you think the US government allowing 9/11 would be hogwash.

12. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    It's a public fact that OBL's family's plane was the only commercial flight allowed to take off within two hours of 9/11.

:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not buying into any of that Michael Moore BS.

But it sure makes you wonder, doesn't it?

13. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    I don't believe for one minute that the government would ALLOW the deaths of hundreds of americans, including a substantial number of police and firefighters, or the amount of economic damage that was done that day.

Why do you think it's anything BUT hogwash? Sounds like the ruminations of a bunch of whacked out conspiracy theorists, to me.

14. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Yeah, I'm not going to say I'm certain, but I definitely play around with the idea.

15. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  16. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Not quite. I'm not in support of terrorism or anything, but just check out the facts for yourself on Snopes.

Basically - Members of the bin Laden family were flown within the country to "assembly points", and then left the country once normal air travel resumed.

Now then - I really hope this thing today wasn't a failed al Qaeda thing, because they seem to get annoyed and try again harder next time (remember the first time the WTC was bombed, and then 9/11... was the first time aQ?)

Prayers are with all Britons. Peace.

Dave

17. death to terrorist scum is all i have to say.

18. I heard the same thing about the detonators only going off, not the main explosives. Hard to believe all those bombs malfunctioned. Not likely.

Must have been incompetent bombmakers. That does strike me as odd, Al-Qaeda usually seems to do their homework.

I wonder if this was a copycat of some sort?

Haven't heard anyone take credit yet.

Randy

19. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    There was something going on in the Palisades Mall Yesterday with bombs, I didn't get the full story. But from what I heard there were 2 boxes wraped in tin foil with wires sticking out, one of the roof top, and one in a men's bathroom, and I think*** that one was a real bomb that wasn't set off.

20. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

My wife's supposed to go see her friend in England next month. She was just getting brave enough to make the trip after the first bombings when I confidently reasoned; "What are the odds that they're going to do that again?" Pretty good I guess. :rolleyes: