Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

We've Been Lucky...So Far!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Apr 6, 2014.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Stock up on Tequila & your favorite bass strings now I guess...

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/blast-sensors-detect-more-asteroid-strikes-expected-n72486

2. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    It's been said that our asteroid tracking ability only accounts for knowing about just a few % of what is out there that could pose a possible danger to the earth. Great time to shut down the space program. :rollno:

3. Register_To_Disable

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

10-04. We need to know more, not less.

5. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    The world is ready for another spring cleaning. Couple of asteroids might be a good help.

6. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    People often say stuff like this as if they're not people.

I remember years ago a friend of mine was telling me that humanity is a virus (I'm pretty sure he got that comparison from Bad Religion or some band like that) and needs to die off before we ruin the Earth. I asked him why he hadn't killed himself. :|

7. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I am an asteroid strike denier. Show me the science. I am tired of hearing all the over-the-top speculation by asteroid strike believers who've drank the Kool Aid.:|

8. :D^

Anyone see that small meteoroid that whizzed by a skydiver holding a video camera? I can't remember where I saw that, but I remember I didn't want to get clocked by it.

9. Bloodhammer

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    It's all a scam to limit our freedom. :|

10. Helaskold

Helaskold 100% Mediocre Supporting Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Word... it's like, if you are going to complain about humanity 24/7 as if you are better than everyone, you might as well quit crying and go kill yourself. Otherwise you're just a drama queen.

11. Bloodhammer

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Put yer money where your mouth is.