Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WHAAAAT? This is Awsome

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassDmb18, Feb 18, 2003.

1. basspro2

basspro2 I'm seeing Gorillas...

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
    It's a older Modulus neck probally straight as a rams horn (no truss rod) bolted on to a slab of wood ........ stay away ..............far away

2. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    eww...looks like somthing I threw up.

3. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    I forgot how its cool to shoot out some negative **** in 2 secnods.. You guys are cool, my fault for posting this at all

4. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    FWIW, Modulus used to make graphite necks for Alembics, and did so fairly regularly. That was before they went into business for themselves.

5. wow...its another bass on ebay. :meh:

6. Just kidding! (Was it too negative for you?)

Just kidding again!

7. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    They also made the neck for the Music Man Cutlass basses

8. Well,that looks like an Alembic bridge and tailpiece for sure. I wouldn't pay $2250 for it,but I would like to know what it's story is.

9. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    I thought Modulus made Necks for Zons way back... IIRC

DM

10. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    oh wait.. that was Moses.. sorry

DM

11. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    that's a pretty cool looking bass. first thing that came to mind was a weird 6 string firebird. the neck looks really cool though.

12. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Whether you think some people say it's a hideous bass because they think it's cool is your business; to me that is one poorly designed and just plain ugly bass. And I always love when high-end or botique basses pop up on ebay, and the seller has no clue what the bass is made of. "Um, it sounds really good and there's no stickers on it...I think it's made of maple and cherry and pine and three other pretty woods..." Happens fairly often, actually.

13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well - it says "looks like" Alembic - which to me means - it is not!! If it was an Alembic then surely the would say! I don't like the way it looks - the body looks way too small for the neck - I would be very suspicious about how well-balanced it is and that it will sound too bright, tinny and lack bass response.

Wouldn't even consider it, without trying it first!!

14. Bruce Lindfield

They obviously forgot how hard it must be to post a link and say this is awesome!! ;)

15. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    everylink to an ebay page is blocked at school...

bp13

16. Bruce Lindfield

Sounds like a very sensible idea!! :)