Whacked Out on Whammy

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rickbass, Jul 23, 2001.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Since the subject of whammy bars comes up occasionally on TalkBass, I thought I'd put this up for anyone who can't get enough whammy.....by Vibra-Tek, www.mywhammy.com (when the link works).

Shake that thang!....err....Those thangs!!! One for E and A, one for D and G.
  2. Are there only 2 makers of the bass whammy bar? The only other one I know of is Pork Products, who make the reissue of the Kahler.

PS That one looks cool!
  3. rickbass

That's all I know of, Paste. I haven't used a trebly, ringing, sound for years, (except for popping and slapping), so I haven't looked around extensively.
  4. I think Pork Products went out of business and the link is www.mydoublewhammy.com for the double whammy bar, or at least that is the one I used.

How do you like it RB1? Amy info you can give me? Did you install it?

5. rickbass

Gruff - For years, I just haven't needed a trebly, overdriven, tone which are the only sound qualities where a whammy becomes apparent to the audience.

Moreover, I wouldn't like the handles. They'd only get in the way. Hell, on my custom, is spec'd that all the controls be parallel to or farther back than the bridge.

I think Billy Sheehan could use one pretty effectively, though, assuming he still uses that edgy, raging, sound.