Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whacked Out on Whammy

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rickbass, Jul 23, 2001.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Since the subject of whammy bars comes up occasionally on TalkBass, I thought I'd put this up for anyone who can't get enough whammy.....by Vibra-Tek, www.mywhammy.com (when the link works).

[​IMG]

Shake that thang!....err....Those thangs!!! One for E and A, one for D and G.

2. Are there only 2 makers of the bass whammy bar? The only other one I know of is Pork Products, who make the reissue of the Kahler.

PS That one looks cool!

3. rickbass

That's all I know of, Paste. I haven't used a trebly, ringing, sound for years, (except for popping and slapping), so I haven't looked around extensively.

4. I think Pork Products went out of business and the link is www.mydoublewhammy.com for the double whammy bar, or at least that is the one I used.

How do you like it RB1? Amy info you can give me? Did you install it?

Thanks

5. rickbass

Gruff - For years, I just haven't needed a trebly, overdriven, tone which are the only sound qualities where a whammy becomes apparent to the audience.

Moreover, I wouldn't like the handles. They'd only get in the way. Hell, on my custom, is spec'd that all the controls be parallel to or farther back than the bridge.

I think Billy Sheehan could use one pretty effectively, though, assuming he still uses that edgy, raging, sound.