Whammy Funk Thing

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Sorry, but I'm going to have to turn this in to a proper song - I keep coming back to it and I thin it's cool - I just wanted to share this again for those of you missed it first time - here's a whammy funk loop I made early

<b><a href=http://www.munkio.com/music/Victor/Funk%20Jam.mov>Whammy Funk Video</a></b>

Apologies for the slightly wanky solo - just got on one that morning....
  2. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Very cool stuff as always!
  3. Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I have to say, I LOVE whammy pedals.
  4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    What the hell...are you playing through a horn simulator at one point?

That's nutso, man. Great job.
  5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Not bad, but the solo totally ruins the loop groove.
  6. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Nice one urb_munki! That's some pretty cool sounds you get out of this whammy!
  7. Hey Ari - thanks - I am doing a Jasco gig this Friday - did you get my email? If not check out the 'Happenings' page on the www.jascomusic.com website - would be great to see you there.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Cool beans, you are a better soloist than I will ever be... but that doesn't bother me. I don't really like bass solos... you had some cool stuff though. I loved the track though... you really have me turned on to whammy's now. And loopers, my god I love loopers.

Oh, and sorry that I just said that, "You really have me turned on."
  9. Rapscallion2112

Apr 21, 2004
    all around......bass solo....sweet effect.....groove is what i dug the most......but freekin awesome man
  10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Loopers are indeed some swank, swank stuff. I've loved 'em for ages, and munki sure puts them to good use...I'm itchin' to hear Steve Lawson properly though, none of that 10-second-song-sample bunk. Man, I need money...first to buy Steve Lawson's CD...and then a looper! :p
  11. Thanks Matt - that's OK man, I was feeling pretty turned-on-in-a-bass-type-way when I was playing this.,.. ;) - funny thing is about me soloing is that I sort of want to find a way that is kind of like soloing - but not in the traditional sense...what I mean is I downloaded a couple of tunes from the Dominique Di Piazza website and I think I'm going to try and work the Wooten thumb stuff into a more flamenco/classical jazz guitar style - i.e. playing more chords but create a synchopated picking technique to play them...anyway I love looping stuff as well - and it really helps with my writing as well because I can create a whole arrangement with just my bass and a looper in like five minutes flat.

Thanks again guys - you're all very kind

12. Once again Urb you've managed to blow me away with ur intence funktasticness. I really liked this one, keep and coming, (I was i had a W.thumb)
  13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Cool Urb, I get what you are saying. I did dig it when your soloing became more about creating riffs that play off the main riff instead of "Ninja Turtles IV: Return of Super Shredder." That's the **** I dig right there.
  14. Matt, tell me about it! I really want to chill on the shredding, but the **** just happens - I spent about an hour playing Bill Evans' 'Very Early' this morning and I was getting really into it on fretless - but I still start blasting chops - I must calm down a bit!!!! I know it's coming together - but man, does it take some time. :meh:

Thanks again bro