Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whammy question.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by arjue, Oct 12, 2005.

1. So I've just started building my pedal setup. So far, I havea ehx US big muff, ehx holy grail, ehx US bassballs, digitech digidelay and a BBE Opto Stomp. I'm looking at adding a whammy.

its my understanding there are both guitar and bass versions. How mch do these differ? I've never seen a bass whammy for sale, but if I could get a very similar tone through the guitar whammy I'd snap it up in an instant.

thanks in advance guys.

2. actually i hear that the guitar versions are better than the bass version...thats just what i hear though...i have an XP100 whammy, and that sounds good to my ears, it sounds exactly how i expected it to sound.

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The only "issue" I have with my Whammy 4 is it cannot track the three octaves DOWN Divebomb. But that's really a stupendous task.

4. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    yes there are bass and guitar versions, but the bass whammy has been discontinued. you can find them occasionally on ebay but expect to pay about $300 for them. I would probably rather have the bass whammy but not for that price.

ps - syc how is the MM4?

5. thanks guys. Looks like I'll be getting a whammy ASAP then!

6. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I owned a bass whammy, the blue version. It's really not worth the price !!!

I'd rather have a current whammy 4.

7. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    petary791 posted some clips of bass through the whammy 4 recently, you should check that out.

8. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA