1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Whammy won't start shifting till 75% up

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Oreomeister365, Feb 21, 2008.

1. The the treadle on the WH-4, idk if its just mine or if it's universal, but when shifting pitches, about 75% of the way pushed down and nothing is shifted, it does the entire shift in the last 25% of room it has left. Any way to fix this? Surely theres something wrong with it otherwise that a hell of a lot of wasted and worthless room. It's near impossible to shift it up steadily over time, it's virtually instant.

I tried calibrating it, and even though it is aware of it shifting during the first 75%, the note doesn't do anything.

2. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    The Whammy 4 is notorious for it's short treadle range. It's why I sold mine to get an original WH-1. I was going to suggest calibrating, but if you've already done that, then I would say it's just the short range of the treadle.

3. try to recalibrate

4. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    The question is whether or not it gives you the full sweep -- heel down isn't quite right on one of mine and recalibrating doesn't really help.

OP, do you get a better range in harmony mode or does it suck across the board?

I'll double check mine later to see if it's THAT bad (it might be..)

5. Yeah, the pitch is definitely shifted the whole way, but it only utilizes 25% of the treadle range, which makes gradual shifts nearly impossible. It has the same problem on harmonies and full shift.