Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

whammy worble!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Hello all!

i have a digitech XP100 whammy, and I like it, but i don't use it a whole lot. As of right now, my Nightbass' pitch shifter takes care of pitch shifting, so the whammy gets to stay home.
    anyways, i want to get rid of my whammy, but i really like that worble that the whammy gives it's octave up setting, probably due to poor tracking or something, anyways, i like that sound, and i was wondering if there was some kind of effect that could give my nightbass' pitchshifter that whammy worble?

2. Rhythmbug

Rhythmbug

Jan 22, 2006
    London UK
    the xp100 have a built in envelope wah right, wouldn't that be more responsible for the warble? I could be wrong I've never used one.

but in fact i'm looking for a whammy as said in a post I just made....how well does this sucker work for bass? have you tried the WH1 on bass or just this one?

3. no, the whammy is pretty much known for its somewhat poor tracking, so that the signal has a bit of a worble in it...i have also heard that sound being described as "distressed" anyways, there is an envelope filter built in, but it doesn't run at the same time as the whammy, its another preset...
    anyways, the XP100 is said to not be so good for bass, but i find that its really not that bad at all imo