Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

whammy?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Drone, Apr 14, 2001.

1. what would be a good whammy pedal that would be effective with bass? Will the Digitech do the trick? What about putting it after a synth effect? I just want to take some sounds up an octave or two.

2. shagEb

shagEb Guest

Apr 14, 2001
    USA, Polkville NC
    i use the crybaby bass it sound good .i had BP8 by digitech the whammy on it sucked,but the whole thing sucked.

3. did you actually learn how to use the bp8 or just screw around with the factory presets? The whammy(when used CORRECTLY) is great. It also has good effects that help prevent you from having to de-tune.

4. Drone is referring to a whammy pedal (which would change the pitch of the note), not a wah pedal.

I know digitech made 2 bass versions of their whammy pedal.. but I have no idea how well the guitar ones would work.

5. shagEb

shagEb Guest

Apr 14, 2001
    USA, Polkville NC

6. shagEb

shagEb Guest

Apr 14, 2001
    USA, Polkville NC
    p.s Steamboat's right the CRYBABY is a wah not a whammy.must have been sleeping at the keys on that one.my bad.

7. I believe digitech made the only bass whammy's. I used to own one of them, but had no real use for it. It also seemed to degrade my signal. I've never used any other whammy's for bass, but it sounded decent, but not for the money I spent. It has a total synth sound, but a few of the preset options are cool sounding (ex. it can play a note with fifths).

8. True, the bp8 is not worth the money i paid for it but i love the effects anyway. Not like i have anything else to waste my money on.